Will you get the Covid vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On having a reminder card or giving your number I get them from all medical type appointments. I have twins and so several times a year my phone and email (as well as my calendar reminders) blow up with reminders about eye appointments, teeth cleaning, well checks etc. When it comes to vaccines I get reminders from the Health District, their pediatrician and the school district. I don’t see how this is any different. 🤷🏻‍♀️ And as far as having proof of a vaccine, well, we’ve been doing that for decades I’m not sure why people are getting so twisted up about that. My DD could not attend college without proof of a meningitis vax even though she lived at home and could not get a health card without proof of TB vaccination. She either got them or did not attend/get the job.

On having a reminder card or giving your number I get them from all medical type appointments. I have twins and so several times a year my phone and email (as well as my calendar reminders) blow up with reminders about eye appointments, teeth cleaning, well checks etc. When it comes to vaccines I get reminders from the Health District, their pediatrician and the school district. I don’t see how this is any different. 🤷🏻‍♀️ And as far as having proof of a vaccine, well, we’ve been doing that for decades I’m not sure why people are getting so twisted up about that. My DD could not attend college without proof of a meningitis vax even though she lived at home and could not get a health card without proof of TB vaccination. She either got them or did not attend/get the job.
Oh yeah I've gotten those for my eye appointments though these days I've been opted in for text messaging. My husband still gets his. And more. We got a postcard for our cat's Rabies and FVCRP vaccines (I know I know not a human but still a post card reminder that it was time for vaccines).

Oh yeah I've gotten those for my eye appointments though these days I've been opted in for text messaging. My husband still gets his. And more. We got a postcard for our cat's Rabies and FVCRP vaccines (I know I know not a human but still a post card reminder that it was time for vaccines).
Oh yeah, and postcards, lol. I try to get them to just let me put it in my calendar and save the card but they insist. I don’t see how folks with reliable means of communication could possibly forget an appointment in this day in age. As mentioned above, people who don’t have that the cards might help. They can’t hurt.

eta: All those notifications my DH gets too. It’s kind of comical if we happen to be in the same room and all the notifications start going off.

I think I was more meaning getting ahead as far as thinking of every what ifs like suddenly this would be used to show proof you yourself had the vaccine for entry into some place. It's something to think about but we don't have the vaccine anyways widely distributed with enough of the population and the timeline for that unknown. I expect places to form policies over time though.

For the database at least the person's link said this: "Every dose administered will be reported to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC did not immediately respond to CNN's inquiry about whether such a database would include a record of everyone immunized." That's not "there is no plan at this time" but it's a common response (well non-response lol).

I truly understand your concern but I thought we were still talking about the cards? I am unaware of a place that has announced these cards in particular will be used for proof. I'm not sure we can go too far into counterfeiting discussion as it relates to something other than these cards because we don't yet know of any vulnerabilities in whatever method being used should it be announced that whatever it is (card, app, physical card you wear around your neck or any other such thing) is being used to reflect you are who you are and you personally have had the vaccine. You do have a valid concern though I just don't know how far we can hypothesize with having no information at all.

A couple of things, it appears you are taking things out of context...JMHO; That's not "there is no plan at this time" is semantics. "CDC did not immediately respond to CNN's inquiry about whether such a database would include a record of everyone immunized" is CNN media spin and I said I believe.
Being reported does not make it a database. The CDC is not giving anything up to the media at this time.

I was also talking about the bigger picture; it doesn't matter if we don't have the vaccine yet. Having people vaccinated by the Spring (Fauci), things will move quickly so possibilities will need to be looked at and plans need to made.
I was talking about the cards because that what was shown in the article as an example; there is probably work being done on this in the background. I would hope that counterfeiting is a question that needs to be addressed. It is about accurate and protection of Medical Records; there are Federal and State laws that protect them.

I am concerned; I am in Medicine and I know how things can go with patients and care to the public. If these questions are not brought up in advance and answered, it is a disaster.
It is never easy, too many variables in the process.

Nothing wrong with hypothesizing; that is what research and questioning things are based on. Makes people think.
JMHO. :)

A couple of things, it appears you are taking things out of context...JMHO; That's not "there is no plan at this time" is semantics. "CDC did not immediately respond to CNN's inquiry about whether such a database would include a record of everyone immunized" is CNN media spin and I said I believe.
Being reported does not make it a database. The CDC is not giving anything up to the media at this time.

I was also talking about the bigger picture; it doesn't matter if we don't have the vaccine yet. Having people vaccinated by the Spring (Fauci), things will move quickly so possibilities will need to be looked at and plans need to made.
I was talking about the cards because that what was shown in the article as an example; there is probably work being done on this in the background. I would hope that counterfeiting is a question that needs to be addressed. It is about accurate and protection of Medical Records; there are Federal and State laws that protect them.

I am concerned; I am in Medicine and I know how things can go with patients and care to the public. If these questions are not brought up in advance and answered, it is a disaster.
It is never easy, too many variables in the process.

Nothing wrong with hypothesizing; that is what research and questioning things are based on. Makes people think.
JMHO. :)
Fair enough :flower1::flower1:

Slightly OT, just slightly. FYI.

Our region’s police departments sent out a PSA today that there have been concerning increase in reports of spam calls that are promising people to be put on a priority list for a vaccine for payment. These scammers are pretending to be healthcare administrators and medical professionals.

If you are thinking that a covid vaccine can make you a carrier of covid and contagious to others the answer is no.
Last I checked,this question was still unanswered.....is there new info out? The researchers discussed a couple of questions to be looked at, that was one, the other was can you be vaccinated,come into contact with an unvaxed person who is positive,and thus still be spreading it to others? OT I know, but I thought valid questions.

Last I checked,this question was still unanswered.....is there new info out? The researchers discussed a couple of questions to be looked at, that was one, the other was can you be vaccinated,come into contact with an unvaxed person who is positive,and thus still be spreading it to others? OT I know, but I thought valid questions.
Yes, it's still unanswered. Which means we don't know one way OR the other. Once it gets into widespread real world use, I imagine we'll figure that out fairly quickly.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it (I think I'm one of the lower 'tiers', from what I've seen), but yeah, I'll likely get it when available.

I'm curious whether or not my older son will need to get the vaccine before he goes back to college in January. His school is already requiring a flu shot, so a COVID vaccine is probably not out of the question.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it (I think I'm one of the lower 'tiers', from what I've seen), but yeah, I'll likely get it when available.

I'm curious whether or not my older son will need to get the vaccine before he goes back to college in January. His school is already requiring a flu shot, so a COVID vaccine is probably not out of the question.
I've seen some lists carving out dorm students, but nothing carving out other college students not living in dorms.

I could see them requiring it by next fall. But January is just too soon. Unfortunately I think spring semester will be like Ground Hog Day all over again. Except in February it really WILL be Ground Hog Day. ;)

Just be honest- you are doing it to protect yourself
, and anyone who doesn't make the same decision to get the vaccine isn't worthy of being protected. So much for the greater good, right.
You are both selfish and hypocritical, admit and embrace it.

Why does it have to be one way or the other? Can you not want the vaccine to both protect yourself AND others?

FWIW, we will all be getting the vaccine as soon as we can...to not only protect ourselves but also to help out others and bring about herd immunity. Our company sends techs into homes and offices and we work with vulnerable communities such as the elderly so the moment our government announces priority lists for the vaccine we are going to do everything in our power to get at least our onsite techs vaccinated. DH and I work from home now and we almost never get face to face with clients so I assume we will be fairly low on the priority but I'd like to make sure my mother is as protected as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter