• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you be dancing with your Cinderella(s)?

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
Many of you may be familiar with contemporary Christian recording artist Steven Curtis Chapman and his song, "Cinderella." The song was inspired by his youngest girls--adopted from China. That song holds an extra painful poignancy today given the tragedy that hit his family last night. As you may have already learned, Chapman's 5-year-old daughter was hit by a vehicle in their driveway last night and died. Adding to the tragedy is the fact that the Chapman's teenage son was driving the vehicle that hit Maria.

It is such a doubly painful tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out with thousands of others who are lifting up the Chapmans today. I invite you to visit this YouTube link I found to hear the song he wrote/recorded and the story behind the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLYxtuC0oRk

After you watch that, think about your next Disney trip and make plans to dance with your daughter(s) at Cinderella's Castle. I know I'll be dancing with my daughters--now 19 and 16 when we go in August. Will you?

My prayer is first and foremost for the Chapman family; and my second prayer is for the rest of us...may this tragedy be a poignant wake-up call to all of us not to miss the precious moments we have with our children/families.

I had not heard this tragic news yet. Thank you for sharing it. I will lift Steven & his family up in prayer. I will also be holding my own daughter a little tighter today.

Wow how awful - I can't imagine the horror of all that. What a tough time for that family. They are in my hearts and prayers.

Oh My Goodness!! I hadn't heard!! I just had to go Google it for info.

Such a tragedy for this family. :sad2: I feel so bad for the older brother - he may never recover. My brother almost hit my nephew that way. My nephew was little 4 or 5 and came running out just as my brother came driving out of the driveway. It was close and it was scary!! It was about 15 years ago and I still vividly remember it.

I will give my princesses and prince extra hugs today!

I'll be keeping the Chapman Family in my prayers.

Kimba

I can't begin to imagine what this family is going through. We adopted our beautiful, smart and outgoing DD from China 6 years ago. She is truly our princess in the best sense of the word. We'll definitely be dancing with our Cinderella on our next trip!

Thank you for this information.

I read about this terrible tragedy earlier this morning. The family will be in my prayers.:sad1:

ETA: Thank you so much for sharing that video with us all. Such a beautiful song and one we all need to pay attention to.

I love Steven Curtis Chapman and have seen him several times in concert and my heart is breaking for him! That is so terrible, and prayers are going up for them from me for sure, and for their poor son too, I hope he is able to deal with it okay and that guilt doesn't take over!

I was so sad to hear the news this morning. We saw Steven last year at the Candlelight Processional and he was so amazing. We actually reworked our entire trip schedule so that we could see him. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

how horrible. they are in my thoughts and prayers.

this is the second driveway incident I have heard about in the last few days. A mother ran over her 2yo here in the dallas area this week as well.....dad and the toddler were star gazing and fell asleep on the front lawn. mom ran out to get food. she came back and the toddler had rolled into the driveway, asleep. She didn't even realize she had done it until she came out and found husband and child. So horrible- so PLEASE always carefully check your driveway before pulling in or out.

My heart does out to the Chapmans. I brought my daughter home 3 years ago this summer. I have not let go of her since I heard the news last night. I played the song again this morning and just sat and cried.

Yes, I am dancing with my Cinderella EVERY chance I get!.

My heart just breaks for the pain the Chapman family is dealing with right now. I pray for each of them and, especially, their son. I can't imagine what emotions he must be dealing with. I know God will hold them all up through this sad time.

Thank you for your sweet post Fargoman2 - I will be sure to dance with my Cinderella's on our upcoming trip. princess:

Steven went to my high school (years before me) and I have not only seen him sing in person but also interviewed his dad for the local paper where I work. That's such a wonderful family, and I just ache for them. Sending up prayers.

After you watch that, think about your next Disney trip and make plans to dance with your daughter(s) at Cinderella's Castle. I know I'll be dancing with my daughters--now 19 and 16 when we go in August. Will you?

Why wait for your next trip to "dance with your daughters"? Let them know how much you love them NOW. You never know what may happen tomorrow.

Thank you for posting the link ... it was beautiful, but I cried all the way through it! My heart is just breaking for them, and their son is especially in my prayers. I can't imagine how he's going to cope with this terrible accident. I hope he's able to get through it with God's grace. I would hate for his life to be spent in sorrow and regret over what happened, you know?

I heard about this yesterday morning. Last week, my friend's brother lost his battle with lymphoma - he was only 24. This past January, another friend's daughter was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and given 12-18 months to live...she was taken early Wedneday morning. She was only 14.

This song hits home. After reading about that and the tragedies of my friends, I fell asleep in my DD's bed last night holding her close. This song is fantastic. Any parent out there who listens to this song is guaranteed to give out extra hugs today...

Thanks for posting this info and the link to the video. Chapman has always been one of my favorite artists and his Chrismas albums are tops with me. I will keep his family in my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter