Will we regret going in June?

We are going in about 3 weeks as well for a short 3 day trip. I am worried more about the crowds than the heat. We plan doing rope drop and relaxing midday and going in the evenings.

I'm also a teacher, so our trips have always been in June. We've loved every single trip. Yes, it's incredibly hot, but it's doable. In fact, on our last trip it was actually cooler in Florida than it was in Arkansas (by quite a bit). We have always ridden multiple rides and done everything we've always wanted to do. I would highly advise you show up at rope drop and have a plan in mind (which rides you're going on first, etc.). You'll have a great time!

We leave in 9 days for our early June trip. Yes, it will be hot and it will probably rain for a short time each afternoon, but it it OK because we will be at Disney and not at home (where it will be just as hot probably). Hope you have a great trip!

We leave in 9 days for our early June trip. Yes, it will be hot and it will probably rain for a short time each afternoon, but it it OK because we will be at Disney and not at home (where it will be just as hot probably). Hope you have a great trip!

We leave in 9 days too!

I always have Walt Disney World weather on my Weather.com app and a few days ago, it was 83 in Columbus, Ohio (where I live) and 79 in Florida. So apparently when I am in Disney World in early June (which you SHOULD NOT CANCEL YOUR TRIP TO AVOID), I am apparently getting away from the sweltering Ohio heat. :thumbsup2

I have gone in June 3 years in a row (sometimes early, sometimes June/July border) and I always have a fantastic time. Just have a tour plan, take breaks, etc. I am not sure how FP+ will exactly impact this time of year, but I'm optimistic.

I'm also a teacher, and I am actually jumping in the car to go as soon as we are out from our last teacher workday! (We drive.)

We went in the June of 2012, and it wasn't bad at all. It was really rainy, and that kept the temperatures down a little and the crowds thinned sometimes. I'm sure we won't catch a lucky break this time, but I know we'll have fun.

We are afternoon break people. We also arrive at rope drop as others have said. We would do that even if we didn't have kids, I think. Then we head back and enjoy the parks without the sun on us.

I'd say give it a try for sure!

Greetings!

Also a teacher, been to WDW and DL at different times, this year June 1st was the only real choice. I am hoping that due to the snow days, WDW might not get as busy as soon as usual - here in Phoenix, we had High School Graduation a week ago, and we're not as worried about the heat (was triple digits yesterday).

Can any East-coasters / Midwesterners tell me what actual days your district ends school?

Many thanks and be well!

Firstly, not I nor anyone else can accurately predict what weather you'll have. I have been in early June, when you're going, and the weather was pretty hot(it was abnormal, though, like upper 90's). But, keep in mind you might get lucky and have fabulous weather! What I can tell you is that it is not the hottest/most humid time (if I'm not mistaken, that would be July/August/early Sept.) so you've got that going for you!
As far as crowds go, I would say to expect parks to be moderately full. Weekdays shouldn't be too bad, especially if you're getting a head start in the morning. Go early, hit the most popular attractions first, and you ought to be fine!:thumbsup2
Your first trip to the World is so exciting- I'm sure you'll all have a great time!! Just remember, it's entirely what you make of it:wizard:

Can any East-coasters / Midwesterners tell me what actual days your district ends school?

Many thanks and be well!

I am a teacher in Ohio and I will say there is no consistency in what day the school districts end. Some are already done (done last Friday) some are going to mid-June (because they start later, usually because of county fairs NOT because of snow days) and some of my friends have school until the June 20's because of snow days.

For my school (which is in a rural area), school lets out June 3rd. Most of the suburban schools in the Columbus, OH area are out this time too.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am not a teacher as it seems everyone else on the DIS is :rotfl2: Just having fun but I am going to be a part of the "teacher crush" into WDW as we rush down the day after school lets out here in one week :hourglass party:

I'm from South Carolina and we look at it a different way. We'll be either hot a miserable at home, or hot and not so miserable at Disney. :goodvibes

From Lexington, SC. Totally agree!!! Going 3rd week of June and honestly now we are a bit chilly when its in the low 70's.:)

We have been going in June the past 5 years to coincide with schools letting out up here in New England. No complaints, as long as you manage the day with plenty of water,early afternoon hotel breaks/swimming. Evenings are enjoyable as the sun goes down and the crowds tend to thin out.

:cool1:
:bride:
pirate:

June 2014 BCV :hourglass

I went in mid-June 2010, and while it was hot and humid, I didn't find the crowds to be too crazy. Bear in mind, this was 4 years ago and I'm aware things have changed .. but it wasn't too bad crowd-wise. I know here up north lots of schools don't get out until the very end of June, so it worked out well.

Thank you so much for the reassurance, we are going to do it! It won't be until next year, cause I'm a planner and can't help it.

Given that we will lose a day on each end of the trip traveling across the country and there are so many parks, it really needs to be an 11-14 day trip. This will likely be a once in a lifetime so we need to get it all in!

If you're from California, the biggest shock to you will not be the crowds or heat. I must warn you that it RAINS EVERY DAY in JUNE. TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS WITH THUNDERSTORMS! EVERY DAY LIKE CLOCKWORK AT 4PM. Sometimes for only 20 minutes but other times for hours on the end.
Summer is the rainy season in Florida. You are going to be in for a big shocker.

I've been to California and seen people literally run screaming into buildings and cars when it was sprinkling. Literally full panic mode over rain so light that I wouldn't even bother with an umbrella if I had one. I also heard there that people call in sick to work and keep their kids home from school over a quarter of an inch of rain.

I can't imagine how they'd handle a Florida downpour. They usually get an inch in an hour at that time of the year and it comes down so hard and fast that you get soaked from head to toe if you stand out in it for even 30 seconds. I've also seen your other posts that you're not willing to do Disneyland in the rain with your girls. Well, if you go to Disney World in June, you're going to have no choice but to deal with those afternoon thunderstorms.

I would suggest visiting during president's week in February or fall break in October. Crowds are about the same as early June but you are not going to get rain every day and might even get lucky enough to get no rain all week.

If you still plan on going in June, I'd suggest desensitizing your family to rain and teaching your girls not to be afraid of it. Buy them ponchos and have them practice walking around outside for a few minutes on the rare days it rains in California. Or you could keep your trip in June and plan on hitting the parks in the early mornings (it rarely rains before noon) and going back inside after lunch. Most of the Florida downpours are done by 7PM (but sometimes it can continue on and off through the night) so you can come back after dinner for night extra magic hours if your girls are able to handle staying up late.

We are planning to go in very early June, as soon as school gets out.

DH is a teacher so for him to take time off and take the kids out of school for 2 weeks doesn't really work. Will it be so busy and so hot/humid that it won't be worth it? I've read stories about going during the summer and only being able to go on 3 rides in one day because it's just so busy. To me, that doesn't seem worth it.

BTW, this will be our first WDW trip but we are DL veterans.

Everyone in our family that travels with us are teachers- we're tied to going in the summer. You just factor in the heat. This year we finally managed an early fall trip and the weather was the worst we've ever experienced- so you just never know.

As for only riding 3 rides- There's lots of talk that's really overblown- it's just not true you can only ride 3 rides when it's busy. As others have said, take advantage of rope drop- emh's if you're staying on site and park hopping helps as well. By next summer I'm fully expecting they'll have worked out a lot of kinks and have a much better handle on the new system.

Go! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter