Will we need express?

Melissa.B.08

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We'll be visiting Universal February 19-23. The dates were random for us, but I've since learned that it's also a mid-winter recess week for many.

We plan to head to UO and IoA with the pay for 2 days and get 2 days free deal. I'm torn on whether or not we'll need the express passes. It'll be be me, my husband and our 7 an 9yo. Appreciate your thoughts and feedback! :)

Thanks!

Its hard to say - those dates are rated as a 7/10 for the most part - but from what I understand the crowd calculators have not been spot on this year
For myself if I was not traveling alone I would always look at getting express pass - or staying at an onsite hotel that includes it

Looking at those dates - there seems to be no availability for the 3 hotels that include express pass - so to me that sounds like at least a 7 and busy - others may have a better idea of what that means to how busy the parks are

Curious myself. I'm debating it.
My daughter and I are going in November...... not 100% sure on the exact dates but for two days the week of Nov 16th-24th.
I assume if you purchase it you purchase it per day?
It's a lot of money but sometimes I feel like it would be worth it for all of the extra stuff you'd have time to do.

OP with 4 days, I think you’ll be ok without Express Passes

Don’t forget to price out the deluxe hotels for Express Passes. 1 night equals 2 days of EPs (check in through check out day). It’s a heck of a lot cheaper for most families than paying for Express Passes by the day per person.

Sunday thru Thursday rooms are less than Friday-Saturday rates

And weekends tend to have more people and locals in the parks

Stay on site at any of the uo hotels and take advantage of the early entry to the parks

Get one hour done in the parks prior to it being opened to the general public

The Potter sections plus up to two rides are open in that one hour time period

Your ride waits are decent and not lengthy like it would be once it is open to all

Plan on doing 4 mornings of EE and hit the rest of the park
You can see all park sections easily and do the rides

To do the shows will take up your time

You could stay one night on site them relocate on day 2 to the lower costs rooms onsite
Stay at the premier hotels and your room key has the perk of unlimited usages of all express lines for two days

The day you check in and the day you check out you will be allowed to use the express lines.

If you are arriving at noon the first day, book that date at Cbay
It’s a value hotel and cheaper
Than the deluxe

Day 2 check out of Cbay and move to hrh or rph and check in at 6:30 am

Room Will not be ready but you will get your hotel Key card and can use it for express lines

Stay one or two days there
Next day you would check out and valet will hold your luggage for you

Go to the park your last day and qhemit is near time to head to the airport. Pick up your luggage from
The hotel that is storing it for you

I read many do this so they don’t
Have to buy the ep for the park

It’s just a thought of a way to get two full days of unlimited ep instead of paying $99–+ for all In your group

We ended up booking one night at Royal Pacific so we could have EPs for 2 days. We're getting SO excited. Thank you for all the advice. :)

We ended up booking one night at Royal Pacific so we could have EPs for 2 days. We're getting SO excited. Thank you for all the advice. :)

Glad to hear it.......you’ll enjoy the hotel and EP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter