Will we miss shows if we opt for late dining?

Minnie Sue Oz

DIS Veteran
Hi all.
First time Disney cruiser here! I am happy to have the later dining time, but, will this interfere with the shows/movies etc? We are are sailing on the Wonder in June so we have the Frozen show and I just want to make sure we won’t miss it or any of the other shows that will be on.
Any advice will be appreciated:goodvibes

Hi all.
First time Disney cruiser here! I am happy to have the later dining time, but, will this interfere with the shows/movies etc? We are are sailing on the Wonder in June so we have the Frozen show and I just want to make sure we won’t miss it or any of the other shows that will be on.
No you will not miss any shows. They are shown two times each night. Late dining sees the early show 6:30PM and early dining sees the late show at 8:30PM.

Gosh I think there’s more time for things with second dining. The only time I felt a little bit rushed was when I had to get to the pirate show. Otherwise with first dining it seems like I always wanted to try and rush dessert to secure a seat at busy venues.

Shows on The Wonder start at 6:15 and usually run until 7, then you have time to explore before dinner.
We enjoy The Cadillac lounge for the music and drink before dinner

Hi all.

We always go with late dining. We prefer it because if you want to skip the show that night, you can just stay at the pool later and can still make it to dinner with no problem. (In fact, that's a great time for the pools/slides). The only time I would think differently is on the Alaska cruise. Being from the east coast, the time difference makes it a very, very late dinner and I saw many kids falling asleep before dinner was over.

Is it true that the evening shows are later shown on TV? We were thinking of doing a sunset cruise while in Bermuda & may not get back in time for the show.

Is it true that the evening shows are later shown on TV? We were thinking of doing a sunset cruise while in Bermuda & may not get back in time for the show.
I'm not sure how late they run it on TV, but they do run a taped filming of the show on the same day a couple/three times the same day. "Taped" as in, its not the same cast, but the show is the same.

If you get back later, you could always skip the MDR and eat at Cabanas or by the pool and catch the later shows.

I thought you had to be back on board at 5:30 or something?

We have 2 days in Bermuda. So 1st night we can come back late. Second day ship sails at 3:30 pm. If you're not back on time, the ship will leave without you. Our plans were for the 1st night.

We found the opposite to be true! Our party consisted of 6 adults and 7 children ages (2-17) and we purposefully selected second dining. Because the actual dinner time was at 8:30pm...it was a pretty big ask to have the little's wait to eat...but the Disney Shows on board are top notch we didn't want anyone to miss it! Every family would make sure that the little's had an adequate "mini meal" to tide them over until we all sat down for our dinner after the show. Speaking from personal experience...I think it's easier with littles to choose first dining. But honestly, I believe that you are more likely to be tempted to skip the shows after you eat. I promise you...you will not be sorry you chose the second dining.

We found the opposite to be true! Our party consisted of 6 adults and 7 children ages (2-17) and we purposefully selected second dining. Because the actual dinner time was at 8:30pm...it was a pretty big ask to have the little's wait to eat...but the Disney Shows on board are top notch we didn't want anyone to miss it! Every family would make sure that the little's had an adequate "mini meal" to tide them over until we all sat down for our dinner after the show. Speaking from personal experience...I think it's easier with littles to choose first dining. But honestly, I believe that you are more likely to be tempted to skip the shows after you eat. I promise you...you will not be sorry you chose the second dining.

We are 2 adults so the second time dining sounds perfect for us! After a big dinner, I’ll probably just want to head back to our room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter