Will WDW lift mask mandate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope this gets resolved before I go in August. This is a site for people who love Disney and the arguments, passive aggressiveness and tension makes me worried about how the average traveler to Disney is going to react. I am truly looking forward to a year from now when we can, hopefully, just be worried about the size of the Harmonious barge.
You hope what gets resolved?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Based on how many people gripe and complain on here about people not wearing their masks correctly at the parks, and want to know "how safe did you feel at the parks" and this person did this and this person did that etc... oh people are going to the theme parks, but now they are sticklers for "how safe is every person and every business going to keep ME, WHILE I'm out doing the things I want to do."
I am one f the mask sticklers but it’s not so much because I feel unsafe if someone has their mask down —it’s because I believe in following “the rules” of places we go. With small children it’s hard to explain why we have to do something unpleasant like wear a mask at Disney yet this family in line with us has theirs pulled down on their chin.

According to the CDC masks are not a substitute for social distancing. If Disney packs people together wearing masks, they won’t be following CDC recommendations. In any event, the vaccines are highly effective - I suspect the conversation will be entirely different in a few months.
I would much rather keep the social distancing and ditch the masks myself. I kinda like people not being all up on me but I'd sure like to breathe fresh air. lol

I sure hope this gets resolved before I go in August. This is a site for people who love Disney and the arguments, passive aggressiveness and tension makes me worried about how the average traveler to Disney is going to react. I am truly looking forward to a year from now when we can, hopefully, just be worried about the size of the Harmonious barge.
Masks will still be in place in August. They're probably going to be in place for the rest of the year.

As I have stated over and over again, Covid is dangerous and should be treated as such. Get your vacinne. This country has for the most part been patient and obeyed the COVID restrictions. What I am saying is the NUMBERS are down and it is time to remove them. You state laws that have been enacted by a legislative body and signed by Governor/President/County/Mayor, there is NO such law that has been enacted-NONE. Not one state or federal law has been enacted, only mandates by individuals. This is totally unAmerican and third world. It has been a year since the outbreak, plenty of time to introduce legislation and have signed into law. You know why it has not been done, because it would NEVER be upheld in court for the very issues stated above, they violate our most basic civil liberties. Once again I find myself giving a civics lesson.

Did you miss some science levels while studying civics? Virii are constantly mutating. A key concern for the world's health agencies is if vaccine roll-out is not sufficiently fast, and people engage in practices that allow the virus to spread in partially vaccinated communities, strains of the virus *will* adapt to some of level of vaccine resistance. Sometimes this happens by fluke, which seems to be the case in SA, but it will definitely happen if a whole lot of adults fail the Stanford marshmallow test.

I just went to Gatlinburg & they packed us in like sardines in an aerial tram, but when got there lines were long due to social distancing. It was beyond ridiculous.
Ahh the good ol' Ober tram! Same thing in the Moonshine distilleries. I'm headed there for Easter. I love that town!

I'm not so sure about this. Judging from a lot of recent posts, there are some very scared people traveling to Disney right now. People freaking out if they see a "nose peeking out" or see someone drinking in line. Lots of people supporting the idea of wearing a mask at a dining table until food is on the table, etc.
Exactly. Now the mentality has shifted to "what is everyone doing to keep me safe while I'm out taking non-essential risks?" So we come to the argument of "If you don't feel safe, don't go/if you don't follow the rules, stay home". It's never ending in our world of me me me.

Not true at all. This has happened to many people. The vaccine does not prevent you contracting Covid. It helps prevent severe effects of Covid.
So in essence, it's not a vaccine at all. I think the word "vaccine" leads people to believe that it prevents one from getting Covid. The Polio vaccine is a vaccine. You don't get it and then possibly get less severe symptoms of Polio. This feels like a band-aid.

I don’t see how it’s in Disney’s best interest to drop the mask mandate anytime soon (by soon I mean probably before 2022). They can easily increase capacity etc. and keep the mask mandate in place as a symbol that they’re doing some thing to keep guests and cast members safe.

My question with anything is- how does Disney benefit from this? If Disney is getting the attendance numbers they are with a mask mandate in place and why would they drop it prematurely and risk another closure? As I said before I could see them easily increasing capacity but keep the masks. Whether that makes the most sense is irrelevant; it’s about what helps their bottom line and still feels like they’re putting guest safety at the forefront.
not to mention how much money they're raking in on selling masks. I think they'll keep masks mandatory even after we're told we can drop it. As long as they are back to full capacity and raking in money hand over fist, why would they want to stop selling something that is making them a fortune? You can always follow the money trail. It will be interesting to see.

not to mention how much money they're raking in on selling masks. I think they'll keep masks mandatory even after we're told we can drop it. As long as they are back to full capacity and raking in money hand over fist, why would they want to stop selling something that is making them a fortune? You can always follow the money trail. It will be interesting to see.

This is where we’re at now? Disney making too much money on selling masks to want them gone? 🤦🏻‍♀️

I hope you know how to remove your mask without it contaminating your hands. I hope you place it in a red bag after each use and dispose of it properly. I hope you don’t re-use the same mask. Everyone that is very pro mask, nothing wrong with that, I hope you realize that using the same mask is no good.
Now that would be just way too much trouble there Bucko! lol

This is where we’re at now? Disney making too much money on selling masks to want them gone? 🤦🏻‍♀️
yep. If you can tell me one time in history that Disney WASN'T about making the almighty dollar, you might change my mind.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Based on how many people gripe and complain on here about people not wearing their masks correctly at the parks, and want to know "how safe did you feel at the parks" and this person did this and this person did that etc... oh people are going to the theme parks, but now they are sticklers for "how safe is every person and every business going to keep ME, WHILE I'm out doing the things I want to do."
That's fair, my statement was overly broad. But keep in mind that the people who post here tend to be hardcore Disneyphiles. So the parks right now are a mix of COVID-fearful Disneyphiles, COVID-is-over Disneyphiles, and COVID-is-over normies. I don't think there are many COVID-fearful normies in the parks, which was my main point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter