Will Walmart Match Its Own Prices??

Kate and Pete

You can't make footprints in the sands of time if
I found a canopy I want for the yard on clearance at our Walmart - $148. Online, SAME canopy for $99 + $5 shipping. It's a no brainer which one I should buy, but I was wondering if I took the ad to the store if they'd give me the online price for the same thing...Anyone know?

I don't have any experience with that but you can ship to the store for free if you order it online. It says it takes 7-10 days to get there so if you the time to wait you can do it that way.

From my experience, most stores will not match their online prices on items. I've done ship to store a few times and out of those 3-4 times, only once did it turn out alright. Once my stuff was not able to be found in the back room, once it came in broken and was returned....etc. So if it's something large, I'd just pay the 5.00 shipping to your home.

This is what I expected (although, now they're in competition with themselves....:confused3 ). I'll just have it shipped to my house - it'll save me having to load and unload it! :thumbsup2

No walmart will not match their own online prices. this happened to me as well, and i asked at the store the manager said no. but their shipping is reasonable, and they have free to the store too:thumbsup2

It's worth asking, at least. I've had them price match other stores many times, but never tried to have them match their own website.
I did, however, get Sears to match their website price on a portable DVD player.

Is there a "site to store" option? If they have that, then usually you wont be charged for shipping. On one occasion, I've gone into a Walmart with a copy of the online ad and found someone who will let me have it for the online price rather than the in-store price, but she made it very clear that she wasn't supposed to do that.

Most places wont match online prices because when you buy in a "real" store the price also includes the lights, the staff to stock and sell the stuff, the bags, the A/C, etc.. Buying online saves much of that hence it can be cheaper...

-em

Most places wont match online prices because when you buy in a "real" store the price also includes the lights, the staff to stock and sell the stuff, the bags, the A/C, etc.. Buying online saves much of that hence it can be cheaper...

-em

That makes sense!

There is no site to store option on it, but that's fine - it's only $5 to ship - that's no biggie!

I've never had a problem with ship to store.

No, Walmart will not price match their online nor will they price match their own local stores. I was told they are not in competion. I tried this as one store was sold out of a product that was $2 more at the other store (within 10 miles). They advised me that the product would be replenished on the next truck at the other store if I wished to wait for it. OK it was toilet paper. I was not in the position to wait a few days for it to arrive. :eek:

I have asked both Walmart & Target and I was told they could not match their online prices. Walmart said they would match another Walmart store ad but not Walmart Online, Target told me that on their bigger items they reduce the price to help their customers with the shipping (Well, my shipping was free because they had anything over $75.00 ships for free at the time) I think the manager was just trying to tell me No and keep me happy at the same time- I wish they would match, but I guess I understand the lower price comes with less overhead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter