Will Toy Story & Star Wars lands help reduce spring break 2019 crowds?

Jchoma

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to pick dates for our 2019 trip and am debating between spring break or third week of June. Our spring break is the week before Easter, so I know crowds will be high...but I don't have a sense of just how bad crowds will be. I think the weather in June may be too darn hot for my family, but I'm still considering it, really only to avoid the spring break crowds. Also worried about more rain in June.

I know Star Wars land is slated to open sometime in 2019, along with Toy Story land in June. Do you think spring break crowds will be a little lighter for that reason? Has the been the case in previous years when there's a big opening? I'm wondering if those openings would cause some people to take trips during the second half of 2019 vs. spring break. Is that just my own wishful thinking? :)

I'm also hoping anyone who's been to WDW during a spring break week that fell the week before or after Easter can weigh in. Just how bad were the crowds?

We (I) always plan our days very well, arrive at rope drop, etc. so I know we'll have good strategies to help deal with crowds. But if there are wall-to-wall people and parks are at capacity, that would be tough.

I'm trying to pick dates for our 2019 trip and am debating between spring break or third week of June. Our spring break is the week before Easter, so I know crowds will be high...but I don't have a sense of just how bad crowds will be. I think the weather in June may be too darn hot for my family, but I'm still considering it, really only to avoid the spring break crowds. Also worried about more rain in June.

I know Star Wars land is slated to open sometime in 2019, along with Toy Story land in June. Do you think spring break crowds will be a little lighter for that reason? Has the been the case in previous years when there's a big opening? I'm wondering if those openings would cause some people to take trips during the second half of 2019 vs. spring break. Is that just my own wishful thinking? :)

I'm also hoping anyone who's been to WDW during a spring break week that fell the week before or after Easter can weigh in. Just how bad were the crowds?

We (I) always plan our days very well, arrive at rope drop, etc. so I know we'll have good strategies to help deal with crowds. But if there are wall-to-wall people and parks are at capacity, that would be tough.
TSL opens this Summer. Star Wars is opening "sometime" in 2019, probably not until later in the year. If you're worried about crowds, stay away from the week before Easter you mentioned.

The reason spring break is busy is because kids are out of school. I can't see toy story and Star wars making the spring break crowds any less because schools are still going to have spring break off around the same time. Most people with kids won't be able to push a trip back

Just reiterating what PP said. TOY STORY LAND OPENS June 30, 2018...that is THIS summer, not next summer.

However, because Easter is so late in 2019, there is hope that the weeks surrounding it won't be as busy as they normally would. It was late last year, and crowds were down a tiny bit. We're only talking about a 10 crowd going to a 8-9 crowd, so still VERY crowded, but probably not much more crowded than the third week in June will be. AND if Star Wars land happens to open in June or late June 2019, then those pre-Easter crowds will be comparable.

However, because Easter is so late in 2019, there is hope that the weeks surrounding it won't be as busy as they normally would. It was late last year, and crowds were down a tiny bit. We're only talking about a 10 crowd going to a 8-9 crowd, so still VERY crowded, but probably not much more crowded than the third week in June will be. AND if Star Wars land happens to open in June or late June 2019, then those pre-Easter crowds will be comparable.

I need more coffee today....that's right, TSL opens this summer, not next! Thanks everyone for that info!

Crowd levels are predicted as an 8 for our June dates and 9 for spring break, but I have to think there's not THAT much difference between 8 & 9. Maybe not enough of a difference to warrant dealing with the June heat/ rain. This is such a tough decision.

The numbers used for crowd days that people talk about, 1-10...is that from touring plans or where does that come from?

I need more coffee today....that's right, TSL opens this summer, not next! Thanks everyone for that info!

Crowd levels are predicted as an 8 for our June dates and 9 for spring break, but I have to think there's not THAT much difference between 8 & 9. Maybe not enough of a difference to warrant dealing with the June heat/ rain. This is such a tough decision.

I would take the 1 point more in crowd level over the heat. The heat and humidity in the summer make everything feel more crowded to me.

Star Wars Land will not be opening until later in 2019 and likely won't have an impact on Spring Break. Toy Story Land will likely have a moderate impact, but should help absorb some of the crowd.

We'll arrive on Good Friday this year and leave the following Wednesday. I'm fully prepared for massive crowds. I usually go the last week in May/first week of June time and so this will be new for us. If we encounter the crowds that I suspect, then i'm prepared. If we don't, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter