• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will these be the four attractions that Disney will want you to pay for? Could there be more?

As it is, with just the base genie + for my family of 7 during our 10 park days would add an extra $1050 and our park tickets already cost over $4000. I highly doubt I’ll be dropping any extra money on these rides with the exception of maybe remy if I don’t get a place in the virtual queue.

I know a lot of people are assuming 2 rides per park, based on the number (40) included with G+, but I've seen nothing in the official Disney releases saying that this is the case. I think it's possible there could be different numbers at different parks.
If that's the case my guess is- AK-FoP
EP- Rat, TT, Frozen
HS- RoTR, SD, MMRR
MK- 7DMT

As has been said elsewhere, you don’t “have” to pay for anything. Both Genie+ and the Individual Attractions are so you have to pay for a shortened wait, no more, no less. Could that change with time? Who knows? But I think it muddies people understanding of the new system when it’s referred to as “pay to ride”, when it’s not. Want to wait on the standby line for 20, 50, 160 minutes? Knock yourself out. Want a shorter wait? Here’s Genie+ and the Individual Attraction offerings. Good or bad, fair or unfair are secondary debates, the system as it is pretty straightforward.

I would pay for Rise and maybe Remi, at least on my first trip after it opens. Same with Tron and Guardians coasters when they open.

Not for 7 Dwarfs or FoP.

As has been said elsewhere, you don’t “have” to pay for anything. Both Genie+ and the Individual Attractions are so you have to pay for a shortened wait, no more, no less. Could that change with time? Who knows? But I think it muddies people understanding of the new system when it’s referred to as “pay to ride”, when it’s not. Want to wait on the standby line for 20, 50, 160 minutes? Knock yourself out. Want a shorter wait? Here’s Genie+ and the Individual Attraction offerings. Good or bad, fair or unfair are secondary debates, the system as it is pretty straightforward.

Except for the Boarding Group only rides of course.

having 2 per park makes sense, and they could switch out as new attractions take over the "most popular" spots, but there's no reason why they couldn't have more or fewer than 2 per park. Rise and Rat have virtual queues, so you at least have the chance to nab a free ride first and pay if you don't get in. However they don't have an option to do standby, so it's probably either score in the VQ or pay. Those would be the attractions I would guess that will be paid for the most.

I've ridden everything to date so there is nothing I would currently pay for. The new ride in Epcot doesn't sound like it's worth a premium either. If I'd paid a premium for ROTR I would have been pissed. It was bad enough to get up at the crack of dawn. Very meh.

A couple blogs put out these, seem reasonable:

MK - 7 Dwarfs and Space
Epcot - Remy and TT
DHS - Rise and Slinky
AK - FOP and Safari

Yes those will likely be the attractions based on the strong rumors I've heard from reputable sources. Of course, nothing is for certain until it's for certain though!

These rides will still have stand by lines correct? First post said “take away standby lines”. I hope not
RoR and Remy do not. And it can be assumed GoG and Tron will not either. The others currently do, yes.
Decent virtual queue availability for Rise was only posted recently for the first time since it opened. That's about as close to Standby is one would get. Since Genie+ virtual queues will not be available at all for Rise or Remy (the 2 announced rides to use individual purchase), not sure whether they'll open a Standby lane when rare availability occurs in the future.

Want to wait on the standby line for 20, 50, 160 minutes? Knock yourself out. Want a shorter wait? Here’s Genie+ and the Individual Attraction offerings. ...the system as it is pretty straightforward.
I thought Rise doesn't have a Standby line, only BGs assigned via MDE or GS/kiosk. ???

I certainly won't pay for SDMT or Space, much as I love the latter. FOP? maybe. I would probably wait in standby for Safari. Nothing at Epcot. Lots of hate here for ROTR, I loved the ride and might pay for it if I couldn't get a BG. I anticipate buying G+ for MK because of the amount of rides there, possibly HS, depends on when it actually starts.

A couple blogs put out these, seem reasonable:

MK - 7 Dwarfs and Space
Epcot - Remy and TT
DHS - Rise and Slinky
AK - FOP and Safari
I’ve seen the same floating around though FWIW Mine Train and Boarding Group rides are the only official confirmed ones ( and Radiator Springs Racers in california)

These rides will still have stand by lines correct? First post said “take away standby lines”. I hope not
The only ones that won’t are rise, Remy (and web slingers in california) that will be boarding group or paid ala carte

Is the Virtual Queue setup strictly due to the newness of the attraction -or- is it also the area of the ride not being able to accommodate the amount of people that would be waiting in line?

I ask this because you'd think MMRR would be VQ too, but it has so much room out front of the attraction for it's queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter