Will Sci-Fi have me cancel my dining reservation?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
My husband and I were planning on sending the kids back with their grandparents and having a nice dinner ourselves at sci if and enjoying an evening in the park after. Our trip is next week and unfortunately due to a health issue the grandparents can no longer make it. We currently have reservations for 2 adults. Will they turn us away if we show up with our two kids too? I was really looking forward to eating there (and the alone time lol). So we can kiss the alone time goodbye but can we still eat there? I don’t want to be rude and show up with more people than I booked if that’s frowned upon. I tried to modify but the whole night is sold out.

They will probably roll with the extra 2 people. I would check at the podium before the deadline for modifying your reservation. I *think* that's 2 hours before your reservation. Ask them if it's OK to come back with your kids. If they say "no", you can modify to sometime in the future (another day), cancel the new reservation and eat somewhere else. I would also check day of your reservation and see if you can snag a modification that way.

Stop by the podium as soon as they open. Explain your situation. With enough lead time they may be able to adjust the reservation so you don’t need to worry and can enjoy your park day.

BTW, I did this for Space 220 once which can be a toughy… booked for 2 but needed 3. Went as soon as the checkin desk opened and they adjusted the reservation so we didn’t have to worry about it later.

I think if it’s possible, they will help.

Good luck!

Keep trying to modify - people change plans all the time.

I agree with those who say stop by when SciFi opens and explain. The more lead time the better. I'd definitely not just show up with 2 extras in tow.

The difficulty will be that for Sci Fi with a party of 2 they would give you the front or the back of the car and another party of 2 would be in the other seat. With a party of 4 they'll need to give you 2 rows. As others have said, get there as early as possible to see if thy can accommodate the change.

The difficulty will be that for Sci Fi with a party of 2 they would give you the front or the back of the car and another party of 2 would be in the other seat. With a party of 4 they'll need to give you 2 rows. As others have said, get there as early as possible to see if thy can accommodate the change.
That's what I was thinking - the table design at Sci Fi is different from other places, and could make this request harder to fill.

We needed to modify to add a few years ago, and end3d up with one of the picnic tables at the back that they also use for walkins. It was okay, but not the same feel.

My husband and I were planning on sending the kids back with their grandparents and having a nice dinner ourselves at sci if and enjoying an evening in the park after. Our trip is next week and unfortunately due to a health issue the grandparents can no longer make it. We currently have reservations for 2 adults. Will they turn us away if we show up with our two kids too? I was really looking forward to eating there (and the alone time lol). So we can kiss the alone time goodbye but can we still eat there? I don’t want to be rude and show up with more people than I booked if that’s frowned upon. I tried to modify but the whole night is sold out.
if they can seat you be prepared for a wait which could be long and you did not say ages of kids. would they be able to wait an extra 45 to 60 minutes to eat?

June and July trips we had no trouble finding multiple times every day of our trips the night before or day of. I would keep trying to get an ADR for 4. It is a popular restaurant and you just can't depend on anything there if you arrive with a "situation".

I was there a trip in last year when a family showed up with 3 reservations for 2 and asked to be seated together. Guess what they could have been seated in our car because we ended up being 3 ADRs of 2. Nope they put each group in the back of a car "side by side" but not really that close. We got stuck in the middle and spent our meal listening to the people behind us yelling to the others the entire time. Guess the manager wasn't feeling the extra request.

Last summer, I had an ADR for 2 people, but my 5yo daughter needed to join at the last minute because grandma couldn't watch her. The lady at the podium told me that they could only seat us if the 3 of us could squeeze into 1 row together. She did not seem willing to budge, so I basically ate with my daughter on my lap. Best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter