Will parks be crowded Oct 4-8, 2021?

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
We are heading down for the first time in two years (WAY TOO LONG FOR ME!) from Oct 4- Oct 8. Do you think it will be super crowded? I didn't think AT ALL about the 50th anniversary on Oct 1 when we made our nonrefundable booking via a DVC rental company. I can't change it but we are staying at the Poly villas (weeee!). Wondering how the parks will be...

Was originally going to Try and go those exact dates, everything was booked at the time I was looking. But now with more hotels opening there is some very limited rooms. I think that week it will be very crowded so I decided to just go the first week of December to avoid the 50th kick off. maybe they will bring fast pass back then 🙏 and it won’t be too bad. On the bright side you will be in Disney and get to ride the new Ratatouille ride 🤓 so crowded or not I hope you have a great trip and try not to stress about crowd levels. If you get to parks before opening you should be able to do a lot without heavy crowds, I’m always amazed how many people sleep in at Disney 😂. Good luck and have fun!

Going the 9-17 here and I'm expecting it to be a mad house. Planning alot of pool time if the parks are insane than head back at night.

I think days like yours are why they are going to keep the park reservation system. Because they will be at 100% of 100% capacity, at least in most parks.

I think that week will be crowded. Our trip ends September 24th and hotels are sold out starting around the 22nd for several days. I think this year, it's going to be busier than typical, not only because of the Anniversary but I think people just want to travel.

We are heading down for the first time in two years (WAY TOO LONG FOR ME!) from Oct 4- Oct 8. Do you think it will be super crowded? I didn't think AT ALL about the 50th anniversary on Oct 1 when we made our nonrefundable booking via a DVC rental company. I can't change it but we are staying at the Poly villas (weeee!). Wondering how the parks will be...
The parks will be crowded nonstop for the next year at least. Travel demand is huge right now.

The parks will be crowded nonstop for the next year at least. Travel demand is huge right now.

There is a bright side to this. It is like picking the day(s) to go to HS. You know it will be at 100% of the allowed attendance, so might as well go on a Saturday. If you know the same is true for Disney for the next year, just pick when is good for you and when you can get hotel/park reservations.

There is a bright side to this. It is like picking the day(s) to go to HS. You know it will be at 100% of the allowed attendance, so might as well go on a Saturday. If you know the same is true for Disney for the next year, just pick when is good for you and when you can get hotel/park reservations.
Our first day is epcot than hs. Which falls on a holiday weekend. Thankfully were staying those 2 days at swan so we can atleast walk to the over crowded mess lol

OP here. Thanks for these replies! Ugh so bummed about crowds as I have only been when parks are at a max 7/10 according to TouringPlans.

Any advice for how to handle the anniversary crowds? Or did someone already make a thread about managing heavy crowds that I’m not seeing?

OP here. Thanks for these replies! Ugh so bummed about crowds as I have only been when parks are at a max 7/10 according to TouringPlans.

Any advice for how to handle the anniversary crowds? Or did someone already make a thread about managing heavy crowds that I’m not seeing?
Not exactly what you’re looking for, but here’s a thread about going/planning for the 50th itself. Might help with some of your planning?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/1...-on-the-big-50th.3843221/page-4#post-63155954

Like everyone else … I am expecting this to be a super busy time. I get this sense by seeing how far out you need to book your DVC stays. As well once international travel fully opens back up combined with the 50th = recipe for Sydney, busy, busy. I will be following this closely as we have a trip scheduled for late November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter