• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will my kids enjoy trip...

jksmom

Earning My Ears
We had planned on going with some very good friends(and neighbors) that have children the same ages as ours. (they spend lots of time together). Now it will only be ours, DS(7)and DD(3),DH and I. Do you think the children will have fun with only the 2 of them? I was concerned about my DH and I riding things and DH said he doesn't want to ride alone. I REALLY want to go but wondering if it will be worth it. We will be staying onsite.
thanks!

Of course they will enjoy it. I have just one child, and believe me, she loves every trip and only once out of 7 or 8 trips has she had a friend with her. There are things that all 4 of you can ride together, like Small World, the train, Pirates, and things your kids can ride "without" you (you and DH right behind, of course) if you'll allow the 7 yo to take the 3 yo. -- depends on your kids too! Mine loves to ride with one of the littler ones when we go to our local amusement park; it makes her feel grown up. And if you don't care about riding alone, then let DH take your kids. Or depending on the ride, leave someone "on the ground" to take pictures. We do that often with my DM who does not do well on any ride that goes around in circles.

Have a wonderful family trip.

On some rides(with height/age restrictions) you can take advantage of the child swap-mom and dad both get a chance to ride and your older child can ride twice!!

My daughter and I went last summer and took her 7 y.o. son and 5½ y.o. daughter. We all had a WONDERFUL time.

DD and I had been before but it was the first trip for the kids. On the rides we split up I rode w/GS and DD rode with GD mostly.

GS wanted to ride Space Mountain and GD was too small, so GS and Mom went, while GD and I stayed in FantasyLand and she re-rode her favorites.

Both DD and I don't like "spinny-rides" so the kids rode the Tea Cups together and separate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter