• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will more FPs be released if park hours change?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I currently have 7D at 2:20 - 3:20 and will take anything earlier, even if in the 8 - 9 slot. Last year, my park hours all opened one hour earlier and I'm hoping the same thing happens. If park hours change, do more FPs become available? And are they released at the same time the hours are posted? I'm just wondering if I need to constantly check. If FPs change right when hours get posted, is there a time of day/night this usually happens?

Thank you!

I currently have 7D at 2:20 - 3:20 and will take anything earlier, even if in the 8 - 9 slot. Last year, my park hours all opened one hour earlier and I'm hoping the same thing happens.

1. If park hours change, do more FPs become available?
2. And are they released at the same time the hours are posted? I'm just wondering if I need to constantly check.
3. If FPs change right when hours get posted, is there a time of day/night this usually happens?

Thank you!

1. Yes.
2. I assume so.
3. No.

It happened for us in October. Couldn't get a FP for FOP - then when they extended AK park hours in the evening, more FP were available and we got one!!

I currently have 7D at 2:20 - 3:20 and will take anything earlier, even if in the 8 - 9 slot. Last year, my park hours all opened one hour earlier and I'm hoping the same thing happens. If park hours change, do more FPs become available? And are they released at the same time the hours are posted? I'm just wondering if I need to constantly check. If FPs change right when hours get posted, is there a time of day/night this usually happens?

Thank you!

I can't speak for hours changing earlier, but when AK hours were extended later for fall, the hours changed mid-afternoon on a Friday (while I had been checking frequently on WDW's website, I actually was alerted to the hours change via another post on Disboards). I started refreshing FP+ changes like a mad woman, and continued to do so the rest of the day and evening. The FP's for the extended hours became available about 6:45-6:50 EST the next morning. If you do see hours extended earlier and are one of those obsessive planners like me :) I'd be interested to know if the same general timeframe applies! Good luck!

I can't speak for hours changing earlier, but when AK hours were extended later for fall, the hours changed mid-afternoon on a Friday (while I had been checking frequently on WDW's website, I actually was alerted to the hours change via another post on Disboards). I started refreshing FP+ changes like a mad woman, and continued to do so the rest of the day and evening. The FP's for the extended hours became available about 6:45-6:50 EST the next morning. If you do see hours extended earlier and are one of those obsessive planners like me :) I'd be interested to know if the same general timeframe applies! Good luck!

Good to know!!!! That same Saturday morning as you I got my FoP FPs!!! Didn't realize the park hours changed the day before. Thanks for that!!!

I have my calendar marked for this Saturday for the hours possibly changing Bc thats when they changed for my trip last year. I was at a wedding and everyone though I was carazy Bc all of a sudden I realized I could try to get some harder FPs and I did!

On Fri 9/22 a bunch of FP+ became available for Pandora mid-morning (for dates the following week and into Nov) when they had previously been all out (see the posts from 9/22 and you'll get an idea of what happened). We got our FoP for 4 people on 9/22 for our AK date on 9/27.

We got our 7DMT FP the morning of just after rope drop. I assume someone rope dropped it and then cancelled making it available for someone else.

And the opposite is true. Last trip I had a few FPs that were cancelled because they shortened the hours (this was in Jan, tho, so not a busy time).

Yes when they extended MK to 8 am everyday this week it opened up 7DMT FP from 8-9 am that previously did not exist. They changed the hours on a Friday a couple weeks ago and I tried to get a FP for 7DMT (for yesterday) but there was no availability at all. I woke up the next day with a Disney FP alert email. It told me that my last FP which was supposed to be from 8:30-9 was now valid from 8:30-9:30. So I went back to MDE and overnight they had loaded in the extra hours (8-9 am and 9pm-12am.) There were many 7DMT times avail then.

Is there a way to be alerted about change in hours? How far in advance would this be communicated. I am going in 31 days- no changes likely?

Yes when they extended MK to 8 am everyday this week it opened up 7DMT FP from 8-9 am that previously did not exist. They changed the hours on a Friday a couple weeks ago and I tried to get a FP for 7DMT (for yesterday) but there was no availability at all. I woke up the next day with a Disney FP alert email. It told me that my last FP which was supposed to be from 8:30-9 was now valid from 8:30-9:30. So I went back to MDE and overnight they had loaded in the extra hours (8-9 am and 9pm-12am.) There were many 7DMT times avail then.

Great info. I really hope the hours change soon!

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Hours changed today as expected. MK opens 8 am our whole trip and 2 am on 11/11! Wow, that's late for us! So excited.

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Hours changed today as expected. MK opens 8 am our whole trip and 2 am on 11/11! Wow, that's late for us! So excited.

Just checked!!! Our MK hours changed too...

Waiting patiently for more FPs to open up. I did just notice that 8 am is now a choice, but nothing populates earlier than 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter