Will moderates ever get the table/murphy bed?

sharadoc

Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.
The All-Stars have transitioned to that model and it's a nice space saver. We want to stay at French Quarter but the 2 bed model doesn't suit us.

The All-Stars have transitioned to that model and it's a nice space saver. We want to stay at French Quarter but the 2 bed model doesn't suit us.

They have King as a booking category at the Moderates, so if you don't need 2 beds, book the King.

When I scanned your topic I thought you were asking about a political group :) .

Not to mention those are normally not as comfortable as traditional mattress/box springs.
Oddly enough the Murphy was the more comfortable bed by far at my two value stays this year (Pop and Movies). The regular bed was lumpy and horribly uncomfortable. My friend and I actually traded who got to sleep in the Murphy on our two trips together. I didn’t check the mattresses but we surmised they are probably the same mattress but the Murphy gets less/lighter use, as couples would use the regular bed and no one or kids would typically use the Murphy, leading to lighter wear. Of course our sample size was small, but it did surprise us!

Oddly enough the Murphy was the more comfortable bed by far at my two value stays this year (Pop and Movies). The regular bed was lumpy and horribly uncomfortable. My friend and I actually traded who got to sleep in the Murphy on our two trips together. I didn’t check the mattresses but we surmised they are probably the same mattress but the Murphy gets less/lighter use, as couples would use the regular bed and no one or kids would typically use the Murphy, leading to lighter wear. Of course our sample size was small, but it did surprise us!
That could well be. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they are using a lower quality mattress on the rooms now. Bet they aren’t going to last long at all with heavier use. Sad.

I think that was a good move for the values since the rooms are a bit tighter and give you a less cramped feeling when not sleeping. I know that they're the same queen mattresses as the stationery bed but I would venture to guess most guests don't know that and have a negative idea of how a murphy/table bed may sleep and not even realize the other bed is a platform bed too.

I think it's a nice space saving option but I think by upgrading and doing minor soft goods, moderate resort updates to the flooring, space under beds, etc. leads me to believe that it wouldn't be wide spread change across all mods. I could see a few room types where they add it but I don't think it would be fully adopted at all of them.

So how do 2 beds not work for you?
We spend time in the room and just sitting on beds is very uncomfortable. We generally like to stay in a cabin, or DVC, but before kids we stayed at French Quarter every trip. With the table/murphy bed, the room would be more comfortable for us, that's all. To each their own, no judgement.

Not to mention those are normally not as comfortable as traditional mattress/box springs.
The mattress on the Murphy beds at the values are the same as mattress on the regular bed. We checked! Arrived really late (1am) and didn't want to pay for a deluxe that night. Pop worked fine, had luggage moved to Poly while we were at Epcot, then took the monorail there in the afternoon! The Murphy bed was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter