Will MK Train return this year?

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
With the outside construction on Tron supposedly continuing, does that mean it will be complete enough that the MK Train can reopen this year... even if the Tron attraction isn't finished/operational?

With the outside construction on Tron supposedly continuing, does that mean it will be complete enough that the MK Train can reopen this year... even if the Tron attraction isn't finished/operational?

Rumor is they are going to build a tunnel for the train under Tron. Not sure the status with Tron construction suspended.

Am I the only one who thinks that a huge ride called "Tron" seems really out of place in that section of Magic Kingdom? Why didn't they put it in Epcot? Future World could really use another headliner. Instead, they're putting it in a part of MK where it doesn't go with the theming, and in the process, they've shut down the wonderful train, which is one of the unique highlights of the park.

Could they reopen it? Yes. Do I think they will? Nope...they could have a lot more things open now than they do, but they don't think they need to so they're not. I don't see them caring enough or getting enough bang for their buck in theirceyes to prioritize opening the train.

who knows, but i for one will not be holding my breath and for me the train is my favorite attraction in the MK by far. But hey look at the bright side at least Disney will have spare locomotives and rolling stock for Disneyland.

the great advantage of being a pessimist about Disney is one is never disappointed. One never expects things to work out right, And if they do its a pleasant surprise.

Even if Tron isn't open by the 50th, I think the train will. It's a quick, easy, and cheap way to increase capacity. They refurbed the track already. My guess is once they finish the Tron Canopy they will work on the train tunnel/ underpass next.

Even if Tron isn't open by the 50th, I think the train will. It's a quick, easy, and cheap way to increase capacity. They refurbed the track already. My guess is once they finish the Tron Canopy they will work on the train tunnel/ underpass next.

WDW management is perfectly happy without the train its a lot cheaper to operate as a static display and much cheaper to insure the park without a mobile high pressure boiler in close proximity to the public

Am I the only one who thinks that a huge ride called "Tron" seems really out of place in that section of Magic Kingdom? Why didn't they put it in Epcot? Future World could really use another headliner.
Guardians is why they didn't put it @ Epcot.

Are tehy totally done with the track? Seems like very now and then a new story comes up of them working on another section

I do hope that even if they do wind up shuttering construction on Tron for a bit after they finish up the canopy that they figure out a way to get the train up and running

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of WDW without the train would be sad

my guess is say buh bye to the train until tron opens sometime in the next 5-10 years. And maybe not even then as the locomotive boilers will have become un serviceable due to the long period of inactivity
Yeah we’ll see, Art of Animation was not supposed to take a decade either and they did not even bother to seal that site. When a construction site is sealed it means they aint going back for at least 2-3 years.

Please don’t spread false information just to serve as your anti-Disney narrative. A half completed ride in their castle park is nothing like Art of Animation. Sealing the building doesn’t mean they’re not going back for “2-3 years”. There’s literally no basis to make a wild claim like that.

Please don’t spread false information just to serve as your anti-Disney narrative. A half completed ride in their castle park is nothing like Art of Animation. Sealing the building doesn’t mean they’re not going back for “2-3 years”. There’s literally no basis to make a wild claim like that.
Sounds like a good idea for the over/under game going on in another thread. What's your guess, Mit88? I'm at a year. But, I have nothing to base that on :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good idea for the over/under game going on in another thread. What's your guess, Mit88? I'm at a year. But, I have nothing to base that on :rolleyes:

Under 5-10 years, that’s for sure. Mid-Late 2022 is realistic. This time next year is also plausible. And probably 3-6 months later for GotG CR

Obviously you have never been part of an organization which 'sealed' a construction project, It's massively expensive but done to avoid LONG TERM weather damage we are not talking months ordinary site protection is sufficient for about 6 months to a year, Sites are sealed for multi-year shutdowns. Example Harvard 'sealed' the Allston Science and Engineering project in 2008 due to the fiscal crisis, construction restarted in 2015. and complex opened in 2017 that's almost a decade between sealing and facility opening. Sealing is basically the same process used to protect naval ships which will be inactive for a year or more, special ventilation is required along with humidity and corrosion control on exposed surfaces.

So whenever I see a site that's been 'sealed' it's not being worked on for a LONG time to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter