Will Member Services switch points around for me?

Memorymakerfor4

DIS Veteran
We cancelled a points heavy Spring Break trip that used up all of 2021 and some of 2022. We rescheduled for the summer, so some points were returned to both use years. I now have some 2021 points that I was planning on banking and using next year, but we're thinking about taking a year off to go somewhere else. There are still 2022 borrowed points. If I call, will they exchange the borrowed points for the 2021 points sitting in my account so that I can take advantage of the returning borrowed points exemption?

The only way to get borrowed points returned would be to completely cancel any trips they can be used in, let them be returned, and then rebook,

Borrowed points must be used before any current UY points, so even with the temporary rule change, if you have a reservation, they use them first.

The only way to get borrowed points returned would be to completely cancel any trips they can be used in, let them be returned, and then rebook,

Borrowed points must be used before any current UY points, so even with the temporary rule change, if you have a reservation, they use them first.

I don't want to risk losing this reservation, it's a good one. I guess we'll have to take a short trip next year then. Shucks. ;)

I think they might. They have not done that for me exactly but since covid they have done a lot of weird point swapping things for me.

I did call in and I asked politely, and they shifted things around to un-borrow for me. It wasn't a lot of points but it set things the "right" way. Never hurts to ask!

Were all the points you needed part of reservations? Or, were some sitting there not used yet, and the CM rearranged?

Wondering if they are able to do something that they couldn’t do before.

Were all the points you needed part of reservations? Or, were some sitting there not used yet, and the CM rearranged?

Wondering if they are able to do something that they couldn’t do before.

I had made several changes due to COVID and I was using fewer points for my new reservation than I had available in my 2020 UY after the dust settled. They moved some of the borrowed points back into my 2021 UY for me (it wasnt much, maybe 30?).

I had made several changes due to COVID and I was using fewer points for my new reservation than I had available in my 2020 UY after the dust settled. They moved some of the borrowed points back into my 2021 UY for me (it wasnt much, maybe 30?).

Okay, so the points had already been freed up and then just figured a way to use current UY and free up borrowed.

Glad they did that for you, I could not get them to after 5 calls. The issue for some is they want points moved around but all are in reservations. Only way to do that is cancel some of the nights.

They shifted points to un borrow on both of my UYs.

I did cancel a reservation and had more than enough spare points to cover the difference. It wasn’t very many points relative to my contracts. I did find it funny that the word the CM used was un-borrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter