Will it be worth it?

sweetbambi

Mouseketeer
We are planning our second trip, but can only go in August! With all the crowds and the heat, would it be worth it? We want to celebrate both my grandson's 18th birthday and his mother's 40th birthday. The first time we went was so much fun, but I have read that the crowds in August are murderous!

Japan is great to visit any time of year. However, if you're going only to see Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea, I would suggest that it would be better to select another time of year - go on weekdays in the slow season. (Check the Disney hotel rate calendar to determine the best time of year.) While Tokyo Disney puts on great shows around holidays (peak and top season), unless you understand Japanese, you miss a lot of the production value.

We were only able to go during Top Season in April, and it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. Granted, we only got on about 3 E-Tickets on the most crowded day at Tokyo Disneyland, but we were expecting this, and hey—at least we were there at all! Plus, Tokyo DisneySea, even with crowds, can be negotiated much more easily. Just be sure to use FastPass!

I was in both parks early last August, the crowds weren't too bad I found although we did go during the week so I'm not sure if that had any influence, we got a lot of rides done and we only spent one day in each park. My problem with August was the heat, it was mad (but then again I come from Scotland :P) but we found an air conditioned heaven in the Tritons Kingdom place in Disney Sea (not sure of the real name). I'd say it would be worth it, especially if the Bon Fire festival is on in Disney Sea :thumbsup2

I don't think August is to much of a bad time of the year to visit. Providing you can handle the heat and handle the crowds. You should be fine.

A tip with the crowds is to make the most of your Fast Pass and arrive up to an hour before opening. If your able to purchase tickets for the park in advance I would do so.

The heat will be tough but both parks have cooling off programes. DisneySea for instance has Chip N Dale's cool service. All the buildings are air conditioned and both parks have plenty of carts around offering you cold drinks and ice cream.

The Tokyo Disney Resort offer some great night time shows during summer. Dreamlights and BraviSEAmo will both be performing and DisneySea will present its regular summer night show Bon Fire Dance. While Tokyo Disneyland has a new Summer night time show this year called Midsummer Nights Panic. Which will feature Characters from the Lilo & Stitch movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter