Will I regret not seeing the Candlelight Prosessional?

WaltDavisWorld

If you can dream it, you can do it.
I have a dining package for this and am considering dropping it. I’m pretty sure my kids will be bored with it, they’re 11,10 and 7. Plus the price difference in the show package or just a meal with my AP discount would be around $70. Is the show worth approx 90 mins of our time and $70 extra? I’m just not sure!

We have not done it. My boys would be bored. I plan to watch the live stream (I think next week?) to see if we’d like to consider it our next trip. I’m sure my mom would like it, but I don’t know who else in my family.

I was just exploring around as adults and we saw a line for the professional which was 100+ yards long all the way through Morocco. We got some drinks, meandered around and watched half of it from the pathway and didn’t waste 30+ minutes in a ridiculously long line.

We stopped on the path and watched 5-10 minutes of it once, and that was enough for us. If you're religious I'm sure it means more, but from our point of view it was a high school choir performance with a celebrity talking here and there. For US, definitely not worth spending time in line or spending extra money.

Very, very personal question, I think that the main audience are comprised of people that enjoy choral music despite religious belief. If you and your family enjoy choral music then it's a must do, apart from that I would think there's very little appeal, especially given that it's about a 45 minute show

IMO, if you've never done it and this may be your one and only trip during a Christmas season, then its something to see. Its beautiful and unique, and something that only runs a few weeks a year. It puts you in the Christmas spirit, especially if someone's trip is centered around celebrating the holidays, seeing the Christmas decorations, MVMCP, etc. If this is just a regular trip for you that happens to fall during the holiday season, then I'd be less inclined to say its a must do.

I enjoy it, but my kids would be bored to pieces. Sometimes we stop for a few minutes on the walkway, eat snack and listen. It is beautiful, but if your instincts are telling you that your kids will probably be bored, I would say go with it and use that time elsewhere. I don't think you will regret it. But it is a very personal choice. Some people will say it is a can't be missed.

I appreciate all of the input! My goal for this trip was to do everything Christmas themed possible which is why I planned to see the show, but I’m really thinking just listening to it while nearby may work best for us. I think that extra money could be put to better use somewhere else. I had just heard it “can’t be missed” but not sure that applies to kids!

I have a dining package for this and am considering dropping it. I’m pretty sure my kids will be bored with it, they’re 11,10 and 7. Plus the price difference in the show package or just a meal with my AP discount would be around $70. Is the show worth approx 90 mins of our time and $70 extra? I’m just not sure!
I have this booked for my mother and I next week. Where do you get a price of $70? We booked the Mexican restaurant and it listed prices of 15-?? for the meal. Am I mistaken, It is the price of whatever the meal you choose correct? I appreciate any info on this as this may affect my budget. I was expecting like $25 each not $70 each.

I have this booked for my mother and I next week. Where do you get a price of $70? We booked the Mexican restaurant and it listed prices of 15-?? for the meal. Am I mistaken, It is the price of whatever the meal you choose correct? I appreciate any info on this as this may affect my budget. I was expecting like $25 each not $70 each.

The package includes an appetizer, entree, and dessert and a non alcoholic beverage. The prices are listed on the candlelight processional page on Disney’s website under more info. The third column is the per adult price.

598343B5-C5B9-4633-AC95-E63576F378F2.png

Also, Spice Road Table is a little cheaper at $63/adult and much better than San Angel in my opinion. Never been to La Hacienda so I can’t speak to that.

The Candlelight processional dining packages are a flat fee, not based on menu costs. The Mexican restaurant is $80 per adult, and includes an appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage per adult.

And make sure you reserved it as the package if that is what you wanted. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages/

It depends on where you’re eating. Ours isn’t $70 per person extra, but $70 total difference for my family. We currently have Akershus breakfast package booked, the total will be $298 (not including tip), but if we were to do Akershus as a breakfast alone with my 10% AP disncount it would be $229 (not including tip) therefore it’s $69 cheaper if we just do the meal only. You can’t use the AP discount for packages. In your case the difference may not be as significant.

we have been during the holidays twice now and missed it each time. no regrets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter