Will I Now Need a Reservation?

sheilafri

DIS Veteran
I’ll be arriving after 2 pm on January 16 with an AP. Under the old rules I didn’t need a park reservation for the late arrival. Will I need one under the new rules coming into effect on January 9?

I’ll be arriving after 2 pm on January 16 with an AP. Under the old rules I didn’t need a park reservation for the late arrival. Will I need one under the new rules coming into effect on January 9?
Park reservation requirements for AP holders are not changing on 1/9. No reservations needed for after 2 pm except for the MK on weekends.

Starting 1/11, Disney will be adding "Good to Go" days for AP holders. On a "good to go" day, a park reservation will not be required. These "Good to go" days are replacing the current bonus reservations which didn't count towards your limit.

Last edited:
So everything stays the same as of now except there is one change regarding park hopping, you will be able to park hop at anytime before 2pm however you will need to scan into your reserved park first. If going after 2pm you still can without a reservation as long as it's not Sat or Sun for MK, you will require a park reservation then.

The 19th is a Friday so you should be okay to enter without a reservation at any park even if it’s not good to go after 2pm

The 16th is a Good to Go day, so you won’t need a reservation that day anyway. The Good to Go, no reservations needed days are the ones with circles.

IMG_6013.png

How does this work for getting in a VQ? Particularly the 1pm drops.

For example...this Sunday I am going to AK that opens at 8am. Would I need to be IN Epcot at 1pm for the VQ drop or can I try from AK if I haven't park hopped yet?

How does this work for getting in a VQ? Particularly the 1pm drops.

For example...this Sunday I am going to AK that opens at 8am. Would I need to be IN Epcot at 1pm for the VQ drop or can I try from AK if I haven't park hopped yet?
1PM drops you must physically be inside the park

7AM drops you can be anywhere and must have a reservation for the applicable park if it’s not good to go

This is going to make the 1 p.m. drops harder to get because more people will be able to try for it. In the past, you had to have Epcot as your morning park to try for 1 p.m. so in essence, it was the same people trying at 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Now, the 1 p.m. can be anyone who had a reservation anywhere else if they have hopped over to Epcot. This will hamper my sleep in and grab it at 1 pm. lol....

In my opinion, unless you are a local AP holder, you should just continue to plan on making a park reservation. The system is too difficult to understand and the good-to-go dates don't go out far enough for out-of-state AP (Incredipass) holders to plan around them.

Out-of-state Incredipass passholders will need to make reservations on days:
1) that are not marked good to go
2) if you intend on visiting a (non-good-to-go) park before 2pm
3) If you intend on visiting Magic Kingdom on Saturday or Sunday

Simple, right? Well, they just released 6 good-to-go days over the next three weeks (21 days). Good luck planning your vacation around that if you are flying to Florida.

I truly believe the best way to simplify this (for now) is to allow ALL WDW resort guests, access to the parks without reservations. Both daily tickets and APs, staying at a WDW resort hotel should be treated equally in terms of park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter