Will I like Wilderness Lodge?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
We’ve stayed at AJL last several trips and though we lived it, I’d like to try somewhere new. We have stayed at BWI which I liked the location but hotel was nothing special imo. We’ve stayed at All Stars and Port Orleans which were fine, but would like to mix it up. Any opinions are appreciated! We like deluxe hotels but cant afford Poly or anywhere that pricey!

We’ve stayed at AJL last several trips and though we lived it, I’d like to try somewhere new. We have stayed at BWI which I liked the location but hotel was nothing special imo. We’ve stayed at All Stars and Port Orleans which were fine, but would like to mix it up. Any opinions are appreciated! We like deluxe hotels but cant afford Poly or anywhere that pricey!
Wilderness lodge does resemble AKL with its immersive theme and grand lobby; we really enjoyed it. Pool was a bit better at AKL, and AKL has the upside of animals. But WL has the transportation benefit of a boat to MK. The restaurants are good at both hotels. I think it sounds like a good choice.

We’ve always enjoyed it. The rooms are definitely smaller but we typically don’t spend that much time on them other than to sleep. Like the location and feel though.

I haven't stayed at Wilderness Lodge since 1998, but always wanted to go back. My parents own at BWV, so we generally stay there. I loved Wilderness Lodge. The lobby might be the best in any Disney resort, I really enjoyed the pool, the boat ride to MK is convenient. Now that I own DVC myself, I'll be trying to get in at CC or BR in the next few years.

It’s a beautiful resort. I like the ambiance of it in winter. We however have not had great customer relations there. I have no clue why but that has just been our experience. I do love the boat right to MK and WCC is a fun place to eat. We will probably stay there again at some point.

Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort ! Its a great option with prime location but not as pricey as the other deluxe resort ! The boat to MK is a nice alternative.. We stayied during the holidays and it was absolutely Perfect!

I love Wilderness Lodge, and had the pleasure of staying there twice - once in Standard and the second on Club. The theming of the resort is beautiful and I always enjoying taking the boats around Bay Lake and Seven Seas to get to the other resorts and to MK. One of my favorite things to do at night is to go up on one of the upper floors and sit in a chair overlooking the lobby. It is so serene to just people watch and listen to the lobby music.

Love WL. And the new Geyser point grill is a nice addition. They pipe in the music from WL fireworks. Also like the refurbished Boulder Ridge pool. I now like it over the main pool.
Boat to MK, C.R. and FW is nice. And Electric water parade.

WL is great. It’s secluded but close to MK so you have the boat option which is great. Pool is good along with outdoor bar. Grounds and lodge are great also. Has good dining options. We have not been there for a while but love it every time. Beats AK as it’s closer to more parks. You will like it. The lobby is spectacular!

It’s a beautiful resort with the benefit of direct boat to MK and good restaurants (the new Snow White meal at AP amazing) and it’s “cheap” for a deluxe.

This is very subjective, but ... It didn't do anything for me.
The theming is very strong, much like AKL, but it's also kind of bland. It's like AKL in scope but not intensity. You get a great transportation option to MK and a better signature restaurant, but you lose the animal exhibits and great interactive experiences. AKL is not my favorite resort by far but it's a lot of fun. WL was... not. Not to mention, it's usually much more expensive.

Best value for me is POR. We do stay deluxe from time to time, usually shorter stays, and I would either pay the modest upgrade to AKL if we have the kids with us or we stay at Yacht or Beach Club or sometimes we catch a good rate on a Contemporary weekend.

If you like AKL, I think you will like WL. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous. When we stay at WL (or CCV and BRV), we really like to take advantage of what the location as to offer. Ask the front desk or concierge for the handout they provide describing the totem poles and artifacts in the lobby. Visit the sitting room in BRV to see some train cars from Walt Disney's backyard train set. Consider boating over to Ft. W to see the stables, play on the playground or have dinner at Hoop Dee Doo. We also love to sit by the huge fireplace in the lobby to just relax.

Yes - different wings for dvc units - while there, rent a pontoon for an hour - best $45 you will ever spend in Disney!!

What’s not to love!? Water feature that starts in the lobby and flows out to the pool. Hourly geyser eruption. The wood planked walkways. Two pools. Geyser Point drinks on the water. Boat to MK. The grand lobby. Territory lounge nightcap. Ahhh, it’s the best :)

Are Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge just different buildings at Wilderness Lodge?

Yes, they are part of DVC, but you can book with cash through WDW or rent points through a reputable broker. CCV is in the lodge proper while BRV is in a building right next door. WL, CCV and BRV all share the amenities of the resort. They are all lovely, so, if you are interested in staying there, I would consider pricing all three out for various room set-ups and cost. We like the 1- and 2-bedroom DVC units as they also come with a washer/dryer and full kitchen, but standard rooms at WL are nice as well. If you are at all interested in club level, we find the standard CL rooms there to be quite nice as they typically have a view of the MK fireworks.

We always stay at the monorail resorts but did a split stay once to try out Wilderness Lodge. It was a relaxing stay (during some construction) since it wasn’t very busy. We enjoyed the dining and the boat to MK but found we still preferred to stay at the Poly (which also has a boat option to MK) or Contemporary. Just our preference of theming, plus our kids love the monorail!

I prefer AKL to WL but if you are looking for something different, give WL a try! The MK area is my favorite. You might also want to consider renting DVC points to stay at one of the monorail resorts. Renting a studio is much more affordable than paying for a standard hotel room through Disney. I stayed at the GFV that way and it was lovely!

I love WL! Its like home to us... I like having rooms in one building and not strung out all over the place!! after walking all day at the parks I DO NOT want to walk at my resort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter