Will DVC have a location at the Disneyland Resort or Southern Calif??

Nothing official from DVC about any resorts beyond SSR at this time - although there are DVC information kiosks in CA now.

It is fun to speculate though ... :teeth:

We were in DL two weeks ago and stopped by a kiosk to show DSIL pics of the resorts. The guide heard us talking and said "Oh, you must be members." He was quite chatty and told us that DVC put a minimal investment to "see what it could do in So Cal." He said that in 6 mos they sold $12M and have exceed expectations by 15%.

He said due to CA law they can't annouce a resort until they have broken ground and laid the foundation. He confirmed that Disney owned the land where MVC's Newport Coast Villa's is, (where we stayed) and said DVC was nervous because at the time VB wasn't selling, so they didn't think a property out there would make it, so they sold the property.

While he never said they were planning a DVC at DL, he never said they weren't either. DH and I got the impression that it is "in the works" but due to CA law, they can't confirm.

llp479 said:
He said due to CA law they can't annouce a resort until they have broken ground and laid the foundation. ....

While he never said they were planning a DVC at DL, he never said they weren't either. DH and I got the impression that it is "in the works" but due to CA law, they can't confirm.

Thanks for the tidbit. I thought I had read something to that effect but couldn't remember. I got the same impression (it was fairly clear without saying it) from my guide a couple months back.

llp479 said:
He said due to CA law they can't annouce a resort until they have broken ground and laid the foundation. He confirmed that Disney owned the land where MVC's Newport Coast Villa's is, (where we stayed) and said DVC was nervous because at the time VB wasn't selling, so they didn't think a property out there would make it, so they sold the property.

I doubt that is true, esp since DVC did announce the previous project prior to ground breaking then abandoned it. I suspect it has to be registered with the state and appropriate plans in place to announce it. Since there are hoops to jump through, I would think it's need to be within a year or so of ground breaking before they could discuss it publicly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter