Will door bells on back doors make a comeback?

Will door bells on back doors become a thing/make a comeback?

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Never heard of door bells on the back door

Votes: 50 56.8%
  • My Ring camera at the front door is enough security for me

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don't have anything delivered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have a back door

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
i guess the concept escapes me b/c the neighborhoods i grew up in, owned homes in (with the exception of my current due to acreage) all had fenced backyards with locked gates. i somewhat recall visiting family that lived in areas where it was the design that driveways led to detached garages in the back of the yard so it wasn't fenced off but back doors just haven't been easily accessible where i've lived (thinking about it-the bulk of my current neighbor's back doors would either be off a daylight basement or up on a raised deck and in both cases sliding doors so generally no doorbells).
All yards are fenced here too, required by building code. There is a gate that can be locked. I guess if you lock the gate you wouldn't ask the delivery person to put your package on the back porch.

We have a side entry garage. The driveway to it is sloped. There's a door into the house right before the garage. A lot of people use the side door. We had a similar setup at our previous house although the door was at the far back of the house. That door had a doorbell with a different sound.

So interesting how different things are in different regions. I've never heard of a back doorbell before. At one grandmother's house, we did always use the "back door" because of how her house was situated on a bit of a hill. The driveway led to the back door (actually on the side). People who weren't family/friends would park on the street in front and walk up the hill to the front door, which had a doorbell. We always just knocked on the back door or, more commonly, just walked in, since she always left it open if anybody was coming by. Every other house I can remember going to, everybody used the front door. Seems weird to go poking around someone's backyard when they don't even know you're there.

My parents are the only people I know with 2 doorbells (each with their own sound). They have a corner lot with detached garage. So if people park in their driveway they would come to the back door. But if people parked in front of their house and walked up the walkway to their front porch, they ding the front door doorbell.

Their main front door has alot of decorative glass. Their backdoor is more solid door with just a window cutout at the top for light. We don't have an actual back door, it's a sliding patio door.

I don't even have a door bell, AI monitoring my cameras pings my phone if there's a human at door.

The house I grew up in was on a corner in Minneapolis built in 1917, it had two doorbells but they were wired to the same chime. Anyone we knew used the back door, anyone we didn't used the front door. The house I live in now, built in 1912, has a doorbell on both doors wired to the same chime but we replaced the front doorbell with a Google doorbell. We use the back door but all guests and visitors use the front. For Amazon packages we use garage delivery utilizing our smart garage door opener.

I don't even have a door bell, AI monitoring my cameras pings my phone if there's a human at door.
AI, good idea. My daughter's system does the same thing but it can't tell the difference between a human and a cat walking through the yard! Works for her though because she is more interested in the cats than people!

AI, good idea. My daughter's system does the same thing but it can't tell the difference between a human and a cat walking through the yard! Works for her though because she is more interested in the cats than people!
It's pretty cool, it actually recognizes animals too and book marks it along with the other category of vehicles..of course I only get my phone going off for the humans.

For Halloween we have the 3 hitch hiking ghosts outside and I occasionally get alerts for humans on the front lawn :-)

The house I grew up in was a 1920s cape that most definitely had a back doorbell with a much different ring than the front. Us kids were really the only ones to use it if we wanted moms attention during the summer and we were outside but she was inside.

I have a kitchen door that leads to the car port. I have a second Ring doorbell on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter