• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Disney parks have a grand reopening for guests to celebrate?

Nope.
I don’t they should and I definitely don’t think they need to. Would be a waste of money and resources after months of being closed. The 50th can be it’s own celebration and naturally festive. A grand reopening after a pandemic would be totally tone deaf and viewed as insensitive.

I'd love a nice, cute goodie bag "Glad to see ya!" waiting in the hotel room LOL:welcome:

I plan on doing my own celebration. Having a glass of Champagne and walking around and thanking every cast member I see!

I saw video of Wuhan, China doing a little celebrating with lots of lights on the buildings and such - similar to a New Year's Eve type thing. It was to celebrate the end of their lock down. I don't necessarily think it's insensitive, though it would depend on how it's handled. I think we can have respect for those who suffered and died and still be happy that we have come through the tragedy and look forward to better tomorrows.

Have you seen The Imagineering Story? When the park opened for the first time in weeks/months after the earth quake it was a huge celebration and guests were in tears they were so happy to be back in. This is no more or no less a tragedy than what happened there and I don't think it would be insensitive. It would need to be after there was a threat of spreading though, which I just don't see them reopening until the threat it temporary gone completely anyway.
Florida had an earthquake?

This is hardly the type of event that gets a "victory lap" when it's over. There will be no celebration.

Disney could celebrate the countdown to 50 (call it whatever your like) October of this year.

Maybe not have lots of balloons and extra music and extra lighting at night, but there is a difference between having all of the facilities and attractions and restaurants open on opening day and welcoming guests with open arms versus opening just a few of the lands in Magic Kingdom at first and opening the other parks in phases waiting for crowds to build before opening more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter