• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Disney follow new CDC recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Rabbit18

Mouseketeer
CDC now recommends all individuals to wear a mask indoors regardless if they are vaccinated in areas of high transmission. Since there is a huge increase in Florida, will Disney make a mask mandate for indoors?

It doesn’t seem that bad if it is only indoors because most lines take place outdoors.

I don’t know how Disney could ignore this recommendation. We have a trip that I booked for next week and I specifically booked it when the mask mandate was removed entirely. Normally, I would cancel immediately if masks become required again but I rented DVC points so I’d lose my money. It sucks.

To each their own. I'm considering cancelling if they DON'T follow this guidance 😂

I don’t know how Disney could ignore this recommendation. We have a trip that I booked for next week and I specifically booked it when the mask mandate was removed entirely. Normally, I would cancel immediately if masks become required again but I rented DVC points so I’d lose my money. It sucks.

Same boat, we will be there next Mon-Fri and we will not be wearing masks.

What is considered indoors in terms of lines? Rides are quite short and you obviously don’t have to wear a mask when eating. If most of the lines are outdoors then it seems minimal the amount of time when you do have to wear a mask.

This has not been officially announced as CDC guidance, but assuming this is how they word it, if an area becomes an area of high transmission for say 2 weeks, would the state/businesses mandate masks for two weeks, and then remove when the area falls into a lower transmission category? This seems like a logistical nightmare for a company like Disney as this designation would be in constant flux. Areas that are high transmission one month are almost always lower the following month, etc. To follow the CDC, Disney would have to turn on and off the requirement over and over.

What is considered indoors in terms of lines? Rides are quite short and you obviously don’t have to wear a mask when eating. If most of the lines are outdoors then it seems minimal the amount of time when you do have to wear a mask.
When they were imposing masks previously I believe it was being reported that when in line, once you officially crossed the line entrance then you had to put a mask on. So the snaking lines we’re seeing all over the parks wouldn’t require a mask, presumptively. But still, some lines are outdoors even after you cross the official threshold to the ride and wearing a mask even then in this heat would be oppressive.

I guess we will have to wait and see what they say officially but hopefully they are specific on what they mean by high transmission area.
That's what I was thinking...they need to name the areas they mean, otherwise it's toothless, relative and open to interpretation.

Keep in mind that Florida just booted the CDC requirements for cruise ships that leave their ports. No reason to think they'd accept this either.
It's not Florida, it's Disney. And Disney has recently stated Disney Cruise Line guests must wear masks indoors on their vessels when they restart. I'm personally hoping they re-adopt this policy for Walt Disney World following this afternoon's CDC announcement.

We were so looking forward to getting back to Disney in February for a short trip just DH and I before the big trip next October for Food and Wine with DD. We have had COVID-a year ago this October. We got vaccinated in March so we would not have to worry about restrictions while in Disney. Yes I know masks are still required on planes and at airports, public transportation, but I booked when Disney lifted the mask mandates (except on transportation) and the Boardwalk opened. Now, depending on the decisions that get made, we will cancel for February if masks are required and hope for better times in October I guess.

It is so tricky because even though being outdoors is so much safer if you don’t keep minimum distance between parties then eventually if you have a COVID positive basically breathing down your back for an hour long wait outdoors then the risk is still there.

I wish the whole idea of cramming everyone in would go away for awhile.

I hope Disney does implement it. I'm fully vaxxed and so are my kids that I'm travelling with but I am also required to test before coming home. If everyone is required to wear one I'm less likely to have a breaktgrough case. I'll be wearing a mask indoors regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter