Will DCA ever close at midnight?

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
I just don't understand with current crowd conditions in the parks and no real off season anymore, why DCA still closes earlier than DL on weekends?! I thought maybe when SWGE opened, we'd finally see the change, but nope! What are your thoughts, do you ever think we'll see DCA open until midnight?

I've been wondering the same thing for years. I suspect they have always closed early to save on labor costs but with the Star Wars crowds this summer they maybe forced to keep DCA open later.

I don't think you will because of the Grand Californian having rooms that face the park.

I had that thought as well but having stayed there with rooms facing the pier I heard very little noise when I was taking a nap during the day. And there was always a lot of activity in the evenings after it closed. I would love to see it stay open past the last WOC showing to take advantage of the pier rides after dark in the summer time.

I've wondered if its an artificial way of staggering the exit crowds a bit more. Sure, some people hop back to DL when DCA closes but a majority probably just leave (with the exception of nights when it closes extra early- say a grad night or something. Then more people probably hop).

I don't think you will because of the Grand Californian having rooms that face the park.

I had that thought as well but having stayed there with rooms facing the pier I heard very little noise when I was taking a nap during the day. And there was always a lot of activity in the evenings after it closed. I would love to see it stay open past the last WOC showing to take advantage of the pier rides after dark in the summer time.
I agree with gerilyne on this one. I often feel like the rooms next to the pools are louder than the ones next to the park.

I agree, there is almost zero ability to enjoy the park at night. We always stay in a park view and we love watching the hustle and bustle of the park from our balcony.

I also thought it was a way of staggering the exiting crowds so that they don't all show up at the tram and bus stops at one time.

We just stayed in a park facing room and its silent with the doors closed. They have some really great sound proofing in place. But that probably is the reason.

They intentionally stagger closing times so that they don't overwhelm the trams, shuttles and even Downtown Disney locations that are still open. That being said, DCA stays open until at least 1 AM on New Years Eve.

I would expect that if it becomes necessary to extend Disneyland's operating hours that DCA's operating hours may get a similar extension, but otherwise the staggered times are pretty much all for crowd control.

I agree they need to start keeping DCA open later. If they want to stagger the closings, then keep it open at least until 11. They need to help pull some of the crowds over. PTN needs to return and they also need at least 2 WOC showings per night as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter