• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will cruise lines require passengers to wear a Face Mask? - POLL

Will cruise lines require guests to wear a Face Mask?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

KevinFL

DCL Pearl
I have been concerned cruise lines may do this. They will be desperate to get ships going again and will do whatever necessary to mitigate the spread of the virus. Not sure how it would be avoidable based on the history of how easily this disease spreads on ships.

Jet Blue airlines has come out with this as a requirement (link below). I unfortunately can see cruise lines following suit and that would really effect the cruise experience.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/coronavirus-latest-updates.html

Last edited:
While I know it's a great idea, the though of having to wear a mask all day like that, is a no for me.
I give high praise to our Heroes in the hospital wearing them all day.
I wear one once a week to go to the grocery store and its awful, my face gets so hot and sweaty, my glasses fog up. YUCK

I saw an article this morning that Royal Carribean came up with a "seamask" for cruisers.
So you may be on to something.

Not necessarily true. Where I live (PA) all customers entering a supermarket/drugstore/anywhere have to wear a mask.
I believe the PP was referring to people having to fly have to fly (nothing about wearing a mask).
I concur, wearing a mask is awful, hot, and my glasses fog up also and it's only April. Wait until the hot humid summer.

You don't make rules you can't enforce. I'd like to see everyone sitting at Meridian or Sky Bar wearing a mask. What would they all do? Suck the drinks through their mask? Not practical and wouldn't work. And how would the pool work? Would we strap swim diapers on our faces?

We won’t cruise if you have to wear a mask. Just not interested at all. As much as we wish we could cruise right now, wearing a mask would spoil the whole cruise experience for us.
I feel the same way as well and it will really put a damper on things while ruining the mood. I’m sure you will see people optionally wearing them, however and there is nothing wrong with that.

Plus will anyone even do photo pass? Can’t imagine wanting to if everyone is wearing a mask. What about wearing a mask in the pool or senses? It just doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I can barely breathe wearing one now let along the humidity down in FL.

Last edited:
Not to mention, MDR capacity would have to be cut 50% to space out tables, no sharing tables with other families, dining service would have to run 12hours a day.
If you enjoyed buffets, that’s probably gone to for the foreseeable future.

We won’t cruise if you have to wear a mask. Just not interested at all. As much as we wish we could cruise right now, wearing a mask would spoil the whole cruise experience for us.

Completely agree!

Whether mandate or not for my rebooked cruise in August I will wear mask in corridors and elevators.

But if they said needed to wear more would likely cancel.

Need to balance the safety with it being a vacation especially when its costing over $10k

For anyone that is having fogging issues with their glasses, try to get a mask with metal across the bridge of the nose. It will allow you tighten more. Also, in Japan, they sell masks that have foam on the inside on the nose to fill in the gaps. I have put felt on a mask I have, and it seems to work pretty well. I don't have any foam to try.

Not necessarily true. Where I live (PA) all customers entering a supermarket/drugstore/anywhere have to wear a mask.

We were required here in Austin too, until the governor overrode it yesterday :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter