• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will crowds be bonkers for 50th Anniverary?

inspectorgadget

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at going to AK and HS sometime during the week of 9/27-10/1, just one day each so a total of 2 days. I see that 10/1 is already sold out at MK. I'm not planning on going to MK but am wondering about all parks during that week. Do you think the other parks will also be more crowded that week? I'm not sure about capacity levels at parks for September yet.

I believe they'll be busy but not too much so if you are avoiding MK on October 1st. You may wish to keep an eye on the availability calendar but so far things look good.

I would anticipate higher crowds than normal that time of year (under the capacity restrictions) but so far the availability calendars look good.

I believe they'll be busy but not too much so if you are avoiding MK on October 1st. You may wish to keep an eye on the availability calendar but so far things look good.

I would anticipate higher crowds than normal that time of year (under the capacity restrictions) but so far the availability calendars look good.

Thank you.

Right now resort rooms are pretty well booked for the weekend of the 1st. Earlier in the week there is a lot more availability. So right now it would seem there crowds should be more manageable earlier in the week. And of course, Disney can change anything, including crowd capacity at any time.

Right now resort rooms are pretty well booked for the weekend of the 1st. Earlier in the week there is a lot more availability. So right now it would seem there crowds should be more manageable earlier in the week. And of course, Disney can change anything, including crowd capacity at any time.
Grrr.... It would be so nice if we could "know" what the capacity would be

I think MK WILL BE shoulder even with the capacity restrictions.

I have tickets for that day to the MK and I am not expecting to do much at the MK. Its just going to be "hey i am in the park on the actual 50th"
I thought they were at either 30-40% capacity. If that were the case it should be a cake walk there.

I was there Christmas week when they said they were at 30-40% and it was NO cake walk.

Main street and the HUB were very very crowded. Almost shoulder to shoulder.

I was there the week before Thanksgiving and there is no way it was 30-40%! If it was then I would absolutely hate to see what 100% looks like! Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom were the most crowded, MK at times just awful!

Yikes! I am not a fan of crowds, even before covid. I have found that September has always been a good time to go but I'm not sure about this year or next year (Epcot anniversary).

Yikes! I am not a fan of crowds, even before covid. I have found that September has always been a good time to go but I'm not sure about this year or next year (Epcot anniversary).
Earlier in September crowds may be lighter but you’re looking at the week leading into the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World opening. I would anticipate high crowds and them building daily as it gets closer to Oct 1. I still feel AK and DHS may be manageable but if you prefer to avoid crowds I don’t think that’s going to happen the week you’re going.

Earlier in September crowds may be lighter but you’re looking at the week leading into the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World opening. I would anticipate high crowds and them building daily as it gets closer to Oct 1. I still feel AK and DHS may be manageable but if you prefer to avoid crowds I don’t think that’s going to happen the week you’re going.

I think that may be correct unfortunately

...but it's the only time we can go this year. I haven't bought any tickets yet. Hmmm. Maybe it's a good year for Universal?

...but it's the only time we can go this year. I haven't bought any tickets yet. Hmmm. Maybe it's a good year for Universal?
Universal is our plan for next year. Doing a big 2 week Disney trip this summer and then getting APs for Universal and going to make a few trips next year.

There's no way of knowing at the moment, though I personally cancelled my October trip and moved it to July. I have a feeling consumer confidence will be high by Fall, and the crowds will be a bit much for me to handle. But again, just speculation.

I expect 10/1 to be pretty busy at MK. It looks right now that I'm going solo 9/28-10/4 but we'll see.

Hotels are mostly booked but more will probably open by then. I'd be surprised if they don't add some capacity by then as well as more people get vaccinated.

I'm going expecting a madhouse, but I just want to be able to say I was there. Am I crazy? Let's just say I'm well past the first time I've been accused of that. :confused3 :laughing::ssst:

They already went to 40%. By September with vaccinations it will probably be 80% if not full. Let’s hope shows are back to move people around.

I expect 10/1 to be pretty busy at MK. It looks right now that I'm going solo 9/28-10/4 but we'll see.

Hotels are mostly booked but more will probably open by then. I'd be surprised if they don't add some capacity by then as well as more people get vaccinated.

I'm going expecting a madhouse, but I just want to be able to say I was there. Am I crazy? Let's just say I'm well past the first time I've been accused of that. :confused3 :laughing::ssst:

I’m with you on that...guess we are crazy together lol. I have my park pass for MK on 10/1. Just expecting to soak in the atmosphere and not anticipating getting much of anything done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter