• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will Call Tickets and Magicbands?

1nonly

Earning My Ears
So I booked a family Disney World trip through Costco earlier this month for Thanksgiving week of November. I know the crowds will likely be crazy, and that's why I want to plan far in advance. So, on to my question...
Tickets via Costco are will-call. We fly in a Saturday night and will be staying at the Swan. Check in will likely be very late at night all things considered. I'm trying to avoid having to physically pick up the tickets first thing the next day. So....if I get magicbands ordered, link them to my disney experience account and ticktets...will that keep me from having to actually get my tickets as a mandatory the first thing on Saturday morning?
Taking crows into account I want to get the most out of early mornings at the parks and want to eliminate having to get our tickets. For you experienced disney gurus, please let me know if the magicband idea circumvents having to physically get will call tickets.

if I get magicbands ordered, link them to my disney experience account and ticktets...will that keep me from having to actually get my tickets as a mandatory the first thing on Saturday morning?
Yes. Those new MBs will provide the link to all data in your MDX account.

Excellent. I thought so. Just trying to maximize our trip as much as possible. I'll the physical tickets (for mementos) as we leave our first park for a mid day break.

I was told this is not the case with tickets I bought through working advantage which are also will call. I’ve already linked the tickets to MDE but was told my magic bands won’t work to scan at the gate until I stop at will call/any guest services location to have my will call tickets scanned or something. I’ve heard lines at guest services for the intl gateway where you’d enter if you are doing EPCOT on day 1 are short- that’s my plan as we have a similar schedule.

I was told this is not the case with tickets I bought through working advantage which are also will call. I’ve already linked the tickets to MDE but was told my magic bands won’t work to scan at the gate until I stop at will call/any guest services location to have my will call tickets scanned or something. I’ve heard lines at guest services for the intl gateway where you’d enter if you are doing EPCOT on day 1 are short- that’s my plan as we have a similar schedule.
Ahh, good to know. So my next question is whether guest services are also open to accommodate early magic hours at the parks?

I would think yes- at least that’s what happens at DL.

So... I’ve done some googling and my info may be wrong- I saw 3 different posts from 3 different sites that all say once they link to MDE you are all set. Not sure what to think now. I guess l’ll try the gate first but bring my ticket printouts to bring to guest services just in case that doesn’t work.

Ahh, good to know. So my next question is whether guest services are also open to accommodate early magic hours at the parks?
You won’t need to go to Will Call. Valid Tickets that are linked to MDX do not have to be “activated” because they are active tickets.

@ravenclawtrekkie, who is also ticket expert along with Robo, may be able to drop by here.

Following...we had will call tickets and I did link them to MDX and I actually had to call Disney because some were not linking correctly. I was under the impression we were good to go now. No body wants a surprise first day at the park with delayed entry...

If you have tickets and MagicBands linked to the same people on the same MDX account, and the tickets aren’t a special offer of some kind that requires ID validation (Military Salute, FL Resident, etc) then you don’t need to come to will call.

I was just at Disney this week with my daughter and purchased 1 day park hopper tickets online I was supposed to pick up. With 1 day of doing all 4 parks and EMH at AK (was staying at the Dolphin) I decided to get magic bands and link them to my account so I had no worries. We were in the front of the line for AK rope drop and I thought crap what happens if this did not link right getting up early and being first means nothing. So, while waiting a ran over to guest relations which was open at 7am for a 8am EMH and he scanned by band and said it was linked and I was all set. Your good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter