Will Be Our Guest go back to normal?

MerryJ

Earning My Ears
We are thinking we want to experience the Beast's Castle. We are also thinking we want a table service lunch to give us a mid day break without leaving the park. So the current table service/prix fixe lunch at Be Our Guest would work for us.
But it looks like Be Our Guest at lunchtime used to be quick service? Do people expect it to go back to quick service eventually? Or do you think the Lunch/Dinner prix fixe menu at Be Our Guest is here to stay? (At least into early 2023!)

It's all speculation, but I'm going to predict it will stay pre-fixe. I imagine they are making far more money as a TS, pre-fixe meal than they did with QS (both in revenue and gratuities for servers). I assume it's also far easier to just serve one menu throughout the day than to go from QS to TS. It seems they are filling tables rather easily, so I don't see them bringing QS back - just my opinion, of course.

It's all speculation, but I'm going to predict it will stay pre-fixe. I imagine they are making far more money as a TS, pre-fixe meal than they did with QS (both in revenue and gratuities for servers). I assume it's also far easier to just serve one menu throughout the day than to go from QS to TS. It seems they are filling tables rather easily, so I don't see them bringing QS back - just my opinion, of course.
I agree. I think the families who ordered one kids’ meal to split between them killed the QS and a la carte meals at BOG.

They have no incentive to bring back the QS. They were losing money with all the families who booked a table just to see the castle and would order one cupcake for four people. Now they have a guaranteed $62 for every adult who walks through the door, and they're still fully booked.

It should have opened prix fixe from the beginning, for all three meals. One of their biggest mistakes. Huge restaurant, huge overhead, very popular to see and they totally missed out on tons of income.

IF they can staff it to be able to open for breakfast, I expect it to be prix fixe as well.

Doubt it will go back to QS for lunch. Disney seems to use those pricey fixed menus as a method of crowd control at many of their restaurants. We ate lunch there when it was the older QS menu and found it an odd mis-mash of QS & TS. You wait in line in a long stuffy hallway, then order from a confusing kiosk with multiple pages of menu items. You get your own beverage/silverware. They do bring the food to your table like a typical TS. Lunch food was just very average. No idea why the place is so popular. We wouldn't return even if they brought back the QS menu.

Likely when they served breakfast it became a way to 'game' the park opening time and you were already near the back of the park for that popular ride which is nearby. If any Disney restaurant serves breakfast, you shouldn't be allowed park access until the park opens which would eliminate that issue.

I think because BOG dinner went to prix fixe before the pandemic they already had an idea how it would work there so reopening the place with adding lunch as that option seems like an intentional decision vs a need-based with pandemic restriction although I'm sure having the same menu was one less thing for them to work/plan around.

I don't expect it to change back unless somehow the bookings drop drastically enough (and as a pattern) where that profit is gone so I'd plan on right now it sticking with the prix fixe option

We miss the old BOG breakfast and lunch SO much! As mentioned, it was a QS meal credit, and the menu - amazing! (Side note - several of the items are available at Riviera's quick service! The Croque Monsieur and the amazing salad!)

For sure - too heavy for us. Also, the fixed price meals don't work for our; twos kid with multiple food allergies; one with T1 diabetes; and two family members post weight loss surgery...that 2 for 7 who can eat that way. We miss the castle - not to mention there just aren't lots of great options for the way we eat at Magic Kingdom.

I agree with the lunch being super heavy. Personally, I wish they'd go to like a pre-fix Brunch and Dinner menu. Brunch having like a combination of sandwiches and breakfast items and the dinner menu staying the same. I would try to have the brunch be at like a $40-$45 price point for adults with breakfast foods typically having a lower cost to make I would think they may be able to get the profits to be similar. Of course, haven't run any numbers just dreaming and wishing.

It should have opened prix fixe from the beginning, for all three meals. One of their biggest mistakes. Huge restaurant, huge overhead, very popular to see and they totally missed out on tons of income.

IF they can staff it to be able to open for breakfast, I expect it to be prix fixe as well.

Breakfast was initially advertised as prix-fixe...but people whined that it "was too much and took too long" (translation: it was taking them too long to get it, eat, and get out for their darn PPO) and a few got away with only ordering one or two meals. Word got out on the internet thanks to forums like this, and suddenly it was never enforced again and then became this a la carte thing with them not even bothering to try to enforce the one meal must be ordered per person. So they shot themselves in the foot with that. (I guess they should be thankful that it took a while rather than becoming a viral tiktok thing like the "wear the skimpiest/most offensive shirt to get a free shirt" thing that was happening for a while that went viral overnight.)

Breakfast was initially advertised as prix-fixe...but people whined that it "was too much and took too long" (translation: it was taking them too long to get it, eat, and get out for their darn PPO) and a few got away with only ordering one or two meals. Word got out on the internet thanks to forums like this, and suddenly it was never enforced again and then became this a la carte thing with them not even bothering to try to enforce the one meal must be ordered per person. So they shot themselves in the foot with that. (I guess they should be thankful that it took a while rather than becoming a viral tiktok thing like the "wear the skimpiest/most offensive shirt to get a free shirt" thing that was happening for a while that went viral overnight.)
Yes advertised but the setup of going through a kiosk instead of a server meant from day one it was never enforced. From day one I complained about them taking the daily losses for that big restaurant. AND because of it the price kept climbing and climbing. Had they enforced the prix fixe the price point could have stayed quite reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter