Will Be Avoiding Future EMM Days @ MK After This Week's Trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone is missing the point here. The original poster made a mistake blaming his delay on EMM. But seriously, on what planet is it okay to have a two and a half hour delay at Guest Services entering the park? Even if you arrive at the busiest time of day on a peak day, that is totally unacceptable. At least in my opinion.

I think everyone is missing the point here. The original poster made a mistake blaming his delay on EMM. But seriously, on what planet is it okay to have a two and a half hour delay at Guest Services entering the park? Even if you arrive at the busiest time of day on a peak day, that is totally unacceptable. At least in my opinion.
Agreed, that's what I'm saying, they need more people in the outdoor GS windows (or more windows).

There is nothing in your post that has anything to do with EMM so the title is confusing. There are minimal tickets sold (couple hundred), the guests are at the back of the park long before park opening concentrated on a few rides and one private dining location. All the places you had issues with they were long done with, and certainly before your arrival (which is peak arrival time). I have seen zero reports of anyone having issues such as this on EMM and actually the reverse. Most have said they have been very happy that it didn't impact their mornings at all.

I see no connection between EMM and park opening. It has been said over and over the EMM folks do not impact the experience for those entering the parks so I see no reason for anyone to change their normal attendance habits. I don't think the opening crowd would change at all. It just sounds like an unlucky day of random issues probably mostly tied to crowds of the morning and your arrival time ... and no one thing to blame.

Ummm

X # of people already in the park, better get there ASAP to grab possible 2nd set of MB FP, etc. or just get a head start on standby lines before the throng hits.
I understand the point of Rope Drop. What I don't get is why mobs of people who don't normally do RD would choose to do it on a day when they are guaranteed 250 people are already AHEAD of them instead of on a day when they can be among the first guests to enter the park. Of course, I doubt very many people even knew about EMM that day and factored it into their plans. It's more likely that they noticed MK opened at 9am and tried to get there as close to that time as possible. Which would naturally lead to large crowds waiting to go in at 9:30.

I know you want me to hush, LOL, so I will. Sorry for your rough start at MK, whatever the cause.

Last edited:

I'm sorry you had a such a nightmare morning!! We had a similar experience in France. Disneyland Paris took us over an hour to just get through security then another 30 minutes to get through ticketing. Throw in an hour in line to get lunch it was a very aggravating experience.

Early Morning Magic, it's a ticketed early morning event which allows access to the park at 7:45 AM and select rides in Fantasy Land, including 7DMT. There is also a buffet breakfast available at Pinnochio Village House. The main draw is the near unlimited access to 7DMT and Peter Pan with virtually no wait. They started this at MK earlier this year and have since added it at HS I believe.

We did it in July and frankly I thought it was some of the best money I've ever spent at Disney! Two thumbs up from me.

I'm not sure I'm following - you're saying: people know there's EMM, therefore think more people will be there earlier, so they decide to go earlier too? I think that's just the opposite - EMM people will already be in there, no reason for me to go before 11:00 or whenever bc by then they will have finished and hopped to another park. Why would I rush earlier to where more people are (if I thought that 200 people were going to make a difference one way or another)? I just don't get that rationale.

No one else seems to get the rationale either. EMM people are there at 7:30, if anything, that's 250 less that will have to go through security at regular opening. We did EMM twice, and parks were still empty and manageable even after the rope drop crowd arrived. And EMM gets two thumbs up from us as well! We loved it and would 100% do them again. While it isn't ideal waking up early on vacation, the key to a successful day at Disney means getting there early, EMM or not. Sorry you had such a delay, but I agree with everyone else it had nothing to do with EMM. Most people don't even know about the event. 250 people is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of people there later.

You know what they say when you assume...

I was at MK on July 24, a Sunday and an EMM day and we had no issues getting through security and into the park. We arrived just as the welcome show was finishing (8:50ish), waited behind two other people in bag check. And then behind three people at the tapstiles.

Well, between you and me...weren't you the lucky DISer!

I know you want me to hush, LOL, so I will. Sorry for your rough start at MK, whatever the cause.

Haha no, honestly, I appreciate hearing other's opinions, especially when presented in reasonable fashion.

thank you and others who posted here who acknowledged the situation basically stunk and expressed their sympathy, no matter if they agreed or not with my rationale of 'why'.

Hopper Fan - not for the first time, I disagree with you haha, but respect your right to express your thoughts. As you say, it could've just been an unfortunate day, but with the variable being EMM, that's what I'm pegging - still.

We use DS for guest relations. 2.5 hours is a long time to get into the park. I'd have bagged it and went to Epcot. The monorail is right there.

Ummm

X # of people already in the park, better get there ASAP to grab possible 2nd set of MB FP, etc. or just get a head start on standby lines before the throng hits.

I believe I've covered all the bases here.

As stated earlier, please post any actual accounts here or elsewhere if EMM disrupted your MK arrival/experience as a non EMM guest please!:)
Curious...
How many times have you arrived at MK 30 minutes after rope drop and had to detour to GS for any park media or other issues
What is your experience on EMH mornings when you arrive 30 minutes after rope drop
Why do you think guests who arrived early due to EMM (if any, which is cause for skepticism) were still waiting to get through security at 9:30

Separately curious, since the stroller gave you so much trouble, did you consider contacting another company?
Yeah, probably Will Be Avoiding Arriving Late @ MK On A Day With Ticket Issues would have been more accurate

Curious...
How many times have you arrived at MK 30 minutes after rope drop and had to detour to GS for any park media or other issues
What is your experience on EMH mornings when you arrive 30 minutes after rope drop
Why do you think guests who arrived early due to EMM (if any, which is cause for skepticism) were still waiting to get through security at 9:30

Separately curious, since the stroller gave you so much trouble, did you consider contacting another company?

Yeah, probably Will Be Avoiding Arriving Late @ MK On A Day With Ticket Issues would have been more accurate

Often head to GS our first day to redeem the voucher for AP, usually MK, some-times close to rope drop, usually later.

As previously stated, I think the guests stacked up due to security issues and large number of guests hitting it all at the same time. Notice I said "think", the only thing That was different in the equation that I could determine

Likely, as so many others have stated here, 9:30 am to probably 10:30 am aren't great times to hit the MK...duly noted. Another thing learned from the DISboards for the arsenal.

already paid for stroller, no refunds. only needed for 2 more days. Did contact one company who said they could only have it to resort after we'd be heading out for 8:10 am ADR @ H&V. Didn't seem worth it for one day.

Your suggestion makes sense, but I still stand by my title :)

We use DS for guest relations. 2.5 hours is a long time to get into the park. I'd have bagged it and went to Epcot. The monorail is right there.

Yes, it is. We had BoG & CM res that day as referenced earlier. Didn't want to get hit. With cancellation fee

It might not be a bad idea to change the title, so as not to confuse other readers into thinking that EMM caused an issue where it did not.

There is no confusion in my mind. I still think EMM contributed to what I experienced as to crowd arrival.

Appears most are of opinion I am incorrect & that's ok, their opinion, whether it's based on their personal experience or just what they think is likely. All are entitled to their thoughts.

When I read posts here or hear first-hand accounts that EMM days don't tend to take longer overall to clear security, then I will consider visiting MK on EMM days.

Certainly, not about to tell others what to do with their Disney time, just being clear on what I won't be doing in October.

That's just wrong. If they rented you a defective item, they needed to make it right.

going to dispute it with my CC company as Apple was unmoved. Doesn't help that upholstrey was such a sticky mess I grabbed a towel from resort so GD didn't have to sit on it and risk getting clothes dirty. Other guests commented on the squeaky noise it made.

OP, the reason at this point doesn't matter.

I would send an email to guest relations. 2 1/2 hours is way too long regardless of the reason. They need to hear about your experience and how it devalued your day in the MK.

Everybody doesn't have the flexibility to park hop or pick another park on shorter trips, especially when they have other ADRs planned.

If anyone does have links to their own or other's TRs specifically as to attending MK as a non EMM guest, I'd love to see them posted here as I haven't found any thus far. It'd be nice to see that my experience was a fluke based upon overwhelming reports otherwise and I wouldn't worry about working around the days in the future.:)

I will be going to the Magic Kingdom on a Tuesday EMM event day. We have an ADR for Ohana at 7:50, and while we hope to make the rope drop scheduled for 8:40 we might not, as I've heard/read that Ohana is really slow. It's our first time visiting and we only have one day tickets. I can definitely share our experience here if this thread is still going. Really hope it doesn't take two hours! to even enter the park. We can't change parks or just try again another day.

I will be going to the Magic Kingdom on a Tuesday EMM event day. We have an ADR for Ohana at 7:50, and while we hope to make the rope drop scheduled for 8:40 we might not, as I've heard/read that Ohana is really slow. It's our first time visiting and we only have one day tickets. I can definitely share our experience here if this thread is still going. Really hope it doesn't take two hours! to even enter the park. We can't change parks or just try again another day.

7:50 ADR and then park at 8:40 is realllly tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter