Will any rides at Hollywood studios be under an hour wait?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, leaving Sunday-we have a 5 park pass-we now have 3 days at MK, 1 Epcot, 1 AK. We are staying on property-if we get there when HS opens, rides like Slinky Dog, and Mickey's railway (sorry can't remember exact name!), what do you think chances are of getting on within an hour wait time? No interest in the Star Wars rides at this point, but would like to ride these 2. We were thinking of taking a day away from MK, and go to Hollywood studios, but if the waits are going to be crazy, I would prefer to keep the MK reservation. I know MK will have the lines too, but we haven't been on the Mickey railroad yet, and Slinky Dog we were only on 1 time when fast pass was still around-what you do you think? Thanks!

Based on what I have seen from others, it sounds like it could be possible. You can also check the wait times on MyDisneyExperience from home to get an idea of where things stand after Rope Drop. Also, local kids go back to school next week, so that may lighten the load in the parks a bit starting on Tuesday, August 10.

If you want a short wait on Slinky you need to be at DHS about an hour before the park officially opens. That should put you near the front of the pack when they actually open the park. MMRR does see dips in wait times throughout the day, just watch MDE.

Another option would be to go in the evening-we noticed waits were much lower and not being in the blazing sun was a bonus.

Another option would be to go in the evening-we noticed waits were much lower and not being in the blazing sun was a bonus.

We just got back 2 weeks ago and had the best luck arriving at the parks around 60 minutes before posted park opening. We lined up for the bus and skyliner around 90-100 minutes before parking opening and were always one of the first 25-100 going into the park. We were able to do one of the big rides at every park with less than 5 minute wait and then head to a second with very little wait again. Usually after the 2nd ride the crowds had fully arrived and the rides were 45-120 minute waits (only the biggest i.e. Avatar, Slinky Dog, etc. had the 120 minute waits). We'd get to enter the park around 1 hour before posted time and then wait at rope drop anywhere from 15-45 minutes. I'd rather wait in line at 8:00 in the morning (often in shade) than 11:00 or noon when it was much hotter. Good luck

Agree, your 2 options are get there early or ride at the end of the night. We have done both, but prefer riding at the end of the night. The lights on SDD at night are really nice and seeing TSL lit up at night is amazing.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like early, or wait until the evening-I'll see what my family wants to do. I wouldn't mind getting there later in the day, for MK we're always there first thing in the morning, I know the parks at night, give a different experience.

Several school districts in the south east are starting up this week or next week. You should start to see crowds thin a little bit.

Looking at Touring Plans, not many of the MK rides are less than an hour today, at least not many worth waiting for.

We’ve been here a few days, and most headliners are significantly less of a wait than posted times. I’ve been setting the timer on my phone for fun. It’s usually about 1/2 the time posted.

We’ve been here a few days, and most headliners are significantly less of a wait than posted times. I’ve been setting the timer on my phone for fun. It’s usually about 1/2 the time posted.

If you want to ride SDD, I’d recommend really being at park an hour before open. We got there maybe 30 mins before open and went right to SDD and waited over an hour. MMRR only had a 20 min wait first thing that morning. Both are fun!

If you want to ride SDD, I’d recommend really being at park an hour before open. We got there maybe 30 mins before open and went right to SDD and waited over an hour. MMRR only had a 20 min wait first thing that morning. Both are fun!
Yep :-) we were in the line for MMRR around 8:50 today and were on the ride by 9:20! It was great!

However, Smugglers run was posted at a 70-minute wait and it did indeed take 70 minutes. So I think some are more true than others

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter