Will a phone call have the same results as online?

KyGirl

Mouseketeer
I was hoping to book a value room for the Saturday night of Martin Luther King Day weekend, preferably at Pop or a little mermaid room at AoA, but any value would do. The website is telling me they are totally booked. I know it's a holiday weekend but it's for one night, and in January! I thought we'd be able to snag a room for one night between someone else's long vacations or something.

Has anyone had different luck when they call the reservation line?

99% of the time, yes. Disney reservations sees the same inventory you do.

You may have better luck looking at third-party sites (Priceline, Expedia, etc.) as they receive dedicated inventory.

I believe it's a marathon weekend in addition to a holiday weekend. Between locals, marathon participants and holiday weekend, they are probably booked.

Oh poo, the marathon. I didn't realize that was the same weekend. Isn't it usually the weekend before the holiday?

Looks like we may be out of luck then. I'll try the third party sites. Thank you!

I believe it's a marathon weekend in addition to a holiday weekend. Between locals, marathon participants and holiday weekend, they are probably booked.
Unfortunately, it's not a marathon weekend. It's the weekend before. However, because it is a holiday weekend, I agree with you there.

It actually isn't marathon weekend. That is January 8-12th.

Does anyone know if you can still park at a resort for a few hours, even if you have to pay?

The thing is that we are going to be in Orlando for an evening (we're actually checking into Universal the next day to try something different this year!) I had this idea that we could stay at Pop for that first night we get into town and try out the Skyliner, maybe ride from Pop to Caribbean Beach and to the new Riviera Resort, and have dinner at one of the food courts. Rooms are available at Riviera but that is WELL out of our price range, in fact, I was hoping to book a Disney Value to use some Visa Rewards points to help cover the cost. Any better ideas here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter