wilderness lodge or kidani

quandrea

DIS Veteran
We are a family of five who usually stays at Kidani in a one bedroom. A two bedroom is available at Wilderness Lodge for our October stay. Should we give it a try? I'd have to borrow points. What is parking like for the villas at Wilderness Lodge? I need to book tomorrow. Thanks.

I'd vote for Kidani due to the second bathroom at the price of a 1-BR. I've never been to WL but I really love Kidani.

BTW, I'm a biased AKV owner.

:dancer:

2-BR is intriguing.

I've been reading VWL reviews and I'm leaning towards Kidani. We love it there and I have a really tough time staying anywhere else. Kidani it is!

I've been reading VWL reviews and I'm leaning towards Kidani. We love it there and I have a really tough time staying anywhere else. Kidani it is!
Haven't stayed on the villas at WL but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved the lodge when we stayed there last fall (and that was during the feature pool closure). We had only booked WL because we were taking a short last minute trip with a toddler and really wanted to stay as close to MK as possible (and all the other MK resorts were full). I didn't really expect to like the lodge much because it isn't my "style" but I loved it and would totally consider staying there again (unfortunately a VWL studio isn't avail for our Oct dates). If you plan to visit MK a lot the location is ideal (compared to AKL)
As for parking there is a huge lot for the hotel and villas but not sure how far a walk it is to the furthest spots as we didn't have a car. Bus service was shared except to MK (direct min bus or could take boat) but generally with 1 other resort so not that different from having 2 stops at the 2 sides of AK.
That being said never stayed at AKL-looks lovely for me it would prob come down to how close I wanted to be to MK for this trip.

ha i had the same decision to make this morningand with a 2 bed room......i went VWL mainly due to proximity of the MK i will have 4 kids in the group this time. i would have been happy with AKL i stayed there before and loved it but the increased travel time to MK with a 1.5 year old and 2 5 year olds with strollers felt a bit over whelming for my group.....

ha i had the same decision to make this morningand with a 2 bed room......i went VWL mainly due to proximity of the MK i will have 4 kids in the group this time. i would have been happy with AKL i stayed there before and loved it but the increased travel time to MK with a 1.5 year old and 2 5 year olds with strollers felt a bit over whelming for my group.....

I guess we are travelling at the same time. I also have two five year olds in my group. I booked Kidani. Fewer points and we just love it there ultimately. I hope you have a great trip. We will be down for twelve nights in October. What about you?

we will be down for 5 nights i had enough to book monday to monday but will be calling in a few days to drop the monday and tuesday. taking my wife's family and her brother is a teacher and that is their fall break. we are normally may or end of august travel people i know booking in october is the wild west at the 7th month window. so just my family is staying at BLT for the last week of august before school starts.

we will be down for 5 nights i had enough to book monday to monday but will be calling in a few days to drop the monday and tuesday. taking my wife's family and her brother is a teacher and that is their fall break. we are normally may or end of august travel people i know booking in october is the wild west at the 7th month window. so just my family is staying at BLT for the last week of august before school starts.
Wild west is right. I have to add on the rest of my trip when the seven month window opens. Could only do one week this morning. Hope it works out. We are akv owners but used ssr points for this trip. Nice you are treating the family.

Your kids may like the new WL water play area. It's similar to the one at VGF & SSR-paddocks but slightly different theme.

They were still building the new water play area at WL when we were there in December. Is it finished? Does anyone have any photos of it?

They were still building the new water play area at WL when we were there in December. Is it finished? Does anyone have any photos of it?
There's a great site [link] I found with lots of pictures and a video - looks like it was finished back in January.

We've never stayed at VWL either, but we've visited a couple of times to go to Whispering Canyon. We've also stayed at Kidani twice and Jambo once. The parking is almost identical to Jambo. I like Kidani parking a lot more. VWL has a beautiful lobby like Jambo, but having stayed at a 1 BR at both Jambo and Kidani, I'd trade the better lobby for the better room. Kidani's 1BR is significantly nicer than Jambo and for the points, if you don't need the second room at VWL, I'd vote for Kidani too.

Now for the waffle, if you've never stayed at VWL, you may be missing out on your new favorite resort, EVER! If it were my decision though, I'd wait to get VWL when I could stay in a 1 BR and not have to borrow the points.

We've never stayed at VWL either, but we've visited a couple of times to go to Whispering Canyon. We've also stayed at Kidani twice and Jambo once. The parking is almost identical to Jambo. I like Kidani parking a lot more. VWL has a beautiful lobby like Jambo, but having stayed at a 1 BR at both Jambo and Kidani, I'd trade the better lobby for the better room. Kidani's 1BR is significantly nicer than Jambo and for the points, if you don't need the second room at VWL, I'd vote for Kidani too.

Now for the waffle, if you've never stayed at VWL, you may be missing out on your new favorite resort, EVER! If it were my decision though, I'd wait to get VWL when I could stay in a 1 BR and not have to borrow the points.
Sage advice. I need to go on a bit of a points diet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter