Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club Deluxe?

I love both resorts and while you have some considerations to make, Stormalong bay is a great pool but if you'll use the CL lounge, you can really get some serious bang for your buck for a family of 6. I love the epcot area resorts and being able to walk to DHS and Epcot is a HUGE perk, whereas transport at WL is good but there is no walkability, monorail or skyliner. If you will spend more than one day at Epcot/DHS, than being at BC could be a benefit. I like BC since it's not a huge resort, neither is WL. The theming at BC is very pretty but for me, the theming and appeal at WL is much more impressive. I also know WL recently got some room upgrades, not sure if that includes CL but if it does, that could be very nice too.

Tough call but I'm a transportation person and so is my family, both have nice locations but you cant' beat walking over the bus/boat any day.

We are tentatively planning 1 day AK, 2 day DHS, 2 day MK and 1 day Epcot. 1 day Universal. Will be renting a car I think.

We stayed in the deluxe rooms at Wilderness Lodge years ago. Very nice rooms and location. With a family of 6, that means two rooms (or a 2BR with DVC)at Beach Club. In my opinion if it was July, I would go Beach Club but if it was anywhere near Christmas time, it would be WL hands down. Regardless, you will love either resort. Have fun!
....I've stayed at both during both Christmas season AND summer and I love both...I concur with tgropp.

Unfortunately the regular rooms at Wilderness do not fit our family and 2 separate rooms is more than the deluxe room club level. Family of 6 makes things difficult. Thoughts?
Oh got it. Have you considered the Grand Floridian deluxe room? Not sure how many it holds though. I didn’t like the Grand until I stayed there and fell in love. Polynesian is my number 1 though. In any case, I’d go with the wilderness lodge if it was between that and the beach club. Renting Disney vacation club from an owner or David’s dvc rental would also be another cheaper option With bigger room options.

Thanks everyone! We took the plunge and booked Wilderness Lodge for next July. After watching the room video reviews, we liked the set up of Wilderness Lodge deluxe room better with the separate sleeping area. The club level will be awesome for our families relaxed park style. I'm hoping for a sale to arrive in the new year, so crossing fingers for some sort of room discount to be applied retroactively.

Thanks everyone! We took the plunge and booked Wilderness Lodge for next July. After watching the room video reviews, we liked the set up of Wilderness Lodge deluxe room better with the separate sleeping area. The club level will be awesome for our families relaxed park style. I'm hoping for a sale to arrive in the new year, so crossing fingers for some sort of room discount to be applied retroactively.
Depending on how old your kiddos are, this might be the better option. If they are younger, I would vote for the pools at WL for them.

As others mentioned, you really can't go wrong with either place, but I think WL is a great choice. I was there just a couple of months ago and finally had the chance to try the Buffalo burger at Geyser Point. It was excellent (except I didn't like the BBQ sauce, so I order it without the sauce the second time! LOL!!!).

Excellent choice! I love Club Level, and really have only done one trip Dec 2013 without it.... I learned that trip that I am 1) definitely a Club Level, deluxe gal, and 2) definitely love the ddp. So I was originally looking at YC CL for our October 2022 trip, but the price is just crazy for a normal room / (they haven't released CL pricing yet). I decided to go with Hubby's choice and try WL Club Level. I am starting to get excited about it and actually think we will stay put, as everything I hear about WL CL is amazing. Also the lodge is so very tranquil, and relaxing, just what my hubby requires after crowded parks. I like that it is a MK area resort. We have stayed CL at AKL as a family mostly and find it too removed now (boys are 25/29). I think even though WL will have busses, we are ok with that. I personally have hard time with too much walking and think bus/boat would be nicer for me than walking even if it means a bit of a wait. So .... I think I will stick to WL and am excited to try this new-to-us resort :) The other day I said to hubby "maybe I will still move us to Yacht club when prices are released" and he said NOOOO! I want WL! You pick everything else and I'd like to try WL....so because he really would like to try it, I will keep his choice :) Have a fabulous trip! I agree I think you will get alot out of club level with 6 people, great choice!

Depending on how old your kiddos are, this might be the better option. If they are younger, I would vote for the pools at WL for them.

As others mentioned, you really can't go wrong with either place, but I think WL is a great choice. I was there just a couple of months ago and finally had the chance to try the Buffalo burger at Geyser Point. It was excellent (except I didn't like the BBQ sauce, so I order it without the sauce the second time! LOL!!!).

Thanks. Yes my youngest will be 6 for the trip.

Excellent choice! I love Club Level, and really have only done one trip Dec 2013 without it.... I learned that trip that I am 1) definitely a Club Level, deluxe gal, and 2) definitely love the ddp. So I was originally looking at YC CL for our October 2022 trip, but the price is just crazy for a normal room / (they haven't released CL pricing yet). I decided to go with Hubby's choice and try WL Club Level. I am starting to get excited about it and actually think we will stay put, as everything I hear about WL CL is amazing. Also the lodge is so very tranquil, and relaxing, just what my hubby requires after crowded parks. I like that it is a MK area resort. We have stayed CL at AKL as a family mostly and find it too removed now (boys are 25/29). I think even though WL will have busses, we are ok with that. I personally have hard time with too much walking and think bus/boat would be nicer for me than walking even if it means a bit of a wait. So .... I think I will stick to WL and am excited to try this new-to-us resort :) The other day I said to hubby "maybe I will still move us to Yacht club when prices are released" and he said NOOOO! I want WL! You pick everything else and I'd like to try WL....so because he really would like to try it, I will keep his choice :) Have a fabulous trip! I agree I think you will get alot out of club level with 6 people, great choice!
We love club level too. My kids eat a lot and we just love the ease of it. We did DL club level and loved it. Especially the desserts and drinks in the evening. My kids loved the breakfast, plus cartoons on the tv.

Thanks. Yes my youngest will be 6 for the trip.

We love club level too. My kids eat a lot and we just love the ease of it. We did DL club level and loved it. Especially the desserts and drinks in the evening. My kids loved the breakfast, plus cartoons on the tv.
HEY Blue888! 6 months in and I am still holding out at WL CL :) I hope you are too! I swayed a few times and considered booking YC CL/ or POLY CL if I could get a room (no such luck except $3,000 more for a theme park CL Room! -NO THANKS!) So for the price , the tranquility and the best CL on property I will just take this short 3 day trip to TRY WL , and if it's not what we like, I can try POLY or YC or 4 seasons next time I go with just my hubby and myself.
Hope your planning is going along well :)
Marie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter