Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club Deluxe?

blue888

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide between Wilderness Lodge Deluxe Club Level and Beach Club Deluxe room? Family of 6, with 4 kids. Wilderness Lodge is $200/night more.

I love the pools of the Beach Club and the proximity to Epcot. But I love the styling of the Wilderness Lodge, proximity to MK, club level and the fireworks viewing.

What would you choose? Pro's/Con's. We will be there in July 2022, so plan on lots of pool time. We are pretty relaxed park goer's, so tend to spend part of everyday at the resort. My kids can't do a full day in the park anyways.

Even though Epcot is the park I go to most frequently, I always stay at one of the resorts by the magic kingdom including wilderness lodge because that’s where it feels like Disneyworld to me. So if money were no object I’d go with wilderness lodge. However $200/night is huge.
I’ve stayed at yacht club (not beach club) before but really missed being at the magic kingdom area hotels.
Realistically, I would book the regular rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and use the savings to go all out on amazing food each day.

Even though Epcot is the park I go to most frequently, I always stay at one of the resorts by the magic kingdom including wilderness lodge because that’s where it feels like Disneyworld to me. So if money were no object I’d go with wilderness lodge. However $200/night is huge.
I’ve stayed at yacht club (not beach club) before but really missed being at the magic kingdom area hotels.
Realistically, I would book the regular rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and use the savings to go all out on amazing food each day.

Unfortunately the regular rooms at Wilderness do not fit our family and 2 separate rooms is more than the deluxe room club level. Family of 6 makes things difficult. Thoughts?

Are you familiar with the Deluxe Room layout and their location at WL? Might impact my answer.

We stayed in the deluxe rooms at Wilderness Lodge years ago. Very nice rooms and location. With a family of 6, that means two rooms (or a 2BR with DVC)at Beach Club. In my opinion if it was July, I would go Beach Club but if it was anywhere near Christmas time, it would be WL hands down. Regardless, you will love either resort. Have fun!

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge before but really missed being at the Epcot area hotels.

I think whether or not you will have a car should factor into the decision. If no car, then it's easy to walk from Beach Club to Epcot, DHS, and to other hotels for food or shopping; it's not easy as to get from Wilderness Lodge to parks other than MK, and you can't walk from Wilderness Lodge to anywhere.

If you are resort people and will use the CL then $200 for a family of 6 to take care of breakfast, snacks, drinks, alcohol and dinner and dessert is not a lot of money. The CL options at WL tend to be more hearty vs other CLs so they can easily be dinner. If you don't drink alcohol and will eat most meals out then go BC. As others have said both are great so its hard to make a bad choice.

We are trying to decide between Wilderness Lodge Deluxe Club Level and Beach Club Deluxe room? Family of 6, with 4 kids. Wilderness Lodge is $200/night more.

I love the pools of the Beach Club and the proximity to Epcot. But I love the styling of the Wilderness Lodge, proximity to MK, club level and the fireworks viewing.

What would you choose? Pro's/Con's. We will be there in July 2022, so plan on lots of pool time. We are pretty relaxed park goer's, so tend to spend part of everyday at the resort. My kids can't do a full day in the park anyways.
For a July trip with 4 kids I would pick Beach Club for Stormalong Bay. No contest.

For a July trip with 4 kids I would pick Beach Club for Stormalong Bay. No contest.

Same.

You can do breakfast and snacks for much cheaper than $200 a day if you do a Prime order or any type of grocery delivery. You can even get alcohol delivered. You can probably do it for $200-300 for the whole week.

We've stayed at both and while the BC is nice, WL is our favorite of the two. If CL is back to normal/pre-pandemic by next year, my vote is for WL. As a pp said, the extra $200/nt for breakfast, snacks, etc for a family of 6 really isn't that bad considering what you get. We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but the CL at WL is one of the best, IMO. We also prefer staying in the MK area, so any of the monorail resorts and WL are always our first choice. We enjoyed our time at the BC and thought SAB was nice, but we weren't wow'd by it. With that said, both are nice resorts and you can't go wrong with either one, just depends on your preference for theme/decor and location. Good luck!

WL.

We stayed at Beach Club and it was our least favorite resort. We thought the transportation was terrible. To the point, we were getting Uber vouchers from the managers at the front desk. We have been going to Disney every year since 2013, so we know to leave at least 1.5hrs to get places by bus. It might have just been an off week. I did not like the dining options. The pool was great but not as great as we were expecting. We always go in in the summer so we wanted to try BC because we love hanging by the pool. We loved the walk to Epcot, but it's not our favorite park. The resort did not wow us at all. In fact, we give way higher points to CBR, to be honest.

I LOVE WL. Top 3 resort. We love being close to MK and I don't remember trans ever being an issue. I love taking the ferry to MK also. I love how compact the resort is, the food/restaurant options, and the amenities.

Thanks! It is a tough decision for sure! I think we are leaning towards WL for the proximity to MK and we do love club level (my kids eat a ton of food, so we use the breakfast daily, snacks and I love the ease of grabbing desserts/drinks in the evening once my kids are sleeping). We've stayed club level in DL. How are the pools at WL? Anything I should be requesting when booking?

I think we will rent a van, so we will have transport. For a family of 6, uber's and shuttles are a pain. Plus we like to go shopping as well.

We did a Deluxe room at BC for July 4 week in 2018 and it came with Club Level service. We got a fantastic discounted rate of just about $500/night. I loved that room! We had one of the first floor rooms and could walk out our slider to the quiet pool. It was a hike to the CL lounge on the 5th floor, though.

That said, we were only a family of 4. It was plenty spacious for us, but not sure how 2 more people would have been.

If the BC room also has CL, I'd choose that one. If not, I'd go with WL. The CL will save you way more than $200/day on food for a family of 6.

I love both resorts and while you have some considerations to make, Stormalong bay is a great pool but if you'll use the CL lounge, you can really get some serious bang for your buck for a family of 6. I love the epcot area resorts and being able to walk to DHS and Epcot is a HUGE perk, whereas transport at WL is good but there is no walkability, monorail or skyliner. If you will spend more than one day at Epcot/DHS, than being at BC could be a benefit. I like BC since it's not a huge resort, neither is WL. The theming at BC is very pretty but for me, the theming and appeal at WL is much more impressive. I also know WL recently got some room upgrades, not sure if that includes CL but if it does, that could be very nice too.

Tough call but I'm a transportation person and so is my family, both have nice locations but you cant' beat walking over the bus/boat any day.

We did a Deluxe room at BC for July 4 week in 2018 and it came with Club Level service. We got a fantastic discounted rate of just about $500/night. I loved that room! We had one of the first floor rooms and could walk out our slider to the quiet pool. It was a hike to the CL lounge on the 5th floor, though.

That said, we were only a family of 4. It was plenty spacious for us, but not sure how 2 more people would have been.

If the BC room also has CL, I'd choose that one. If not, I'd go with WL. The CL will save you way more than $200/day on food for a family of 6.
The BC doesn’t come with club level for that room unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter