Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Poly?

Mr. Sony

Earning My Ears
Just received a postcard in the mail. Called Disney with the code and got great rates. My wife and I (plus two boys) want to go the Disney in late Jan. Not sure if we want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah View), or Poly (Garden View)? Any suggestions? I am familar with the Poly but not the other two. Are they as nice as the Poly? I understand the monorail does not go to either and you need to take a boat to get to MK, is this true? How are the rooms, pools, etc? Please help!
Thanks,
Mike

I've stayed at all three resorts. In my opinion, the Poly is definitely the most convenient resort. The monorail provides quick access to the MK, and you can either take 2 monorail trips (you must transfer monorails) or walk to the TTC and take only 1 monorial ride to get to Epcot. The WL is also convenient to the MK (bus or boat ride), but all other destinations are reached by bus. The AKL is a medium to slightly long bus ride to all destinations except the AK (the bus ride to AK is short). Which theming you prefer is really personal preference. The AKL savannah view rooms have absolutely incredible views--it's so neat to wake up and see animals outside your balcony. The WL has a very cozy feel to it, and the Poly's tropical theme is very relaxing, but not as elaborate as the themes at the AKL or WL. If you're spending most of your time at the MK or Epcot, I would probably choose the Poly then WL, respectively. If you don't mind being a little further out, then the AKL is really an awesome resort too. Maybe you could split your stay between the Poly and the AKL to get to try two resorts out on one trip (I love splitting stays, but some find it inconvenient). Hope this helps! :)

The Polynesian is no where as alaborately themed as either AKL or WL. Because it is older, it just doesn't have the same fresh look as the others. While it is a longer bus ride, it is our favorite. We just weren't impressed with the Polynesian. Either of the other two would be my choice by a long shot.

They are all terrific. Poly is older, but it has that original WDW feel to it(if that is meaningful to you), and it has the monorail.
WL and AKL are both beautiful hotels and much newer than Poly(AKL would be the newest). I think you'll be happy with any of the resorts. If your family is crazy for animals, AKL is the one for you.

I love both the Poly and AKL and next time we check into a deluxe I'd like it to be the Wilderness Lodge. We like a relaxing, laid back atmosphere after a busy day at the theme parks.

The Poly has much larger rooms and better access to the parks. The rooms at AKL are small in comparison, but the theming of the main guest areas is so interesting, and watching the giraffes from your balcony is incomparable. Since we had a rental car we didn't try to use the Disney transportation from AKL, so location wasn't as much of an issue as it might have been if we were relying on the buses.

My children's dream Disney vacation is to spend 1 week at the Poly and 1 week at AKL. I'm not sure that will ever happen, but I'm in no position to argue with them. :D

I would choose AKL.

The theming is so great!

And waking up and seeing giraffes outside your balcony is such a treat! Your boys would love it!:D

My vote is for the Polynesian. It is a beautiful resort. Definetly my favorite. The tropical theming is a great escape and very relaxing and convenient. I have always found the staff very helpful and accomadating. I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge too. It is a beautiful resort but you can't beat the convenience of the monorail especially if you have young children like we do. We went to the Animal Kingdom and ate at Boma's for breadfast on our last trip. The food was great. It looks like a nice place to stay, but I will wait for my kids to be a little older first.

We will be at the Poly again in January. I can't wait!!

Late Jan is a great time to go!!! Are your codes better than the ones just out on mousesavers.com?

I haven't stayed at the Poly or WL. I did stay at AKL over Labor day Weekend. The buses were soooooooooooooooo convenient. Only one bus stop and no sharing with another resort. So, as soon as you got on the bus, your next stop is your destination. The longest bus ride was to MK and that was at most 15min. If I'm not mistaken the monorail ride to Epcot from the Poly is longer??? It was a two minute ride to AK and 10 tops to either MGM or Epcot.

The resort is so new and beautiful. It has a wonderful smell- you smell it as soon as you get out of your car and the music- which you even hear at the bus stop.

don't let "convenience" keep you from staying here at a great rate. Especially in low season, the buses should be great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter