Wild African Trek

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Looking for a Safari to do on our next trip. Saw wild Africa Trek but it had no cost listed. Has anyone done this one?

ThanksTigger

We did it and thought it was fantastic. It's a great mix of animal viewing and adventure.

What was the cost? Is it a private tour or group. Where do you eat? What time do you eat?

Thanks Tigger

It's $200 per person, three hour tour, with a substantial snack. Reservations normally required...small groups, leave every hour. Get a photo CD of pictures taken while on tour.

We went in October. It was $189/person + tax. I think it came out to $204 each. The tour is a maximum of 10 people and lasts 3 hours. There is a substantial snack served at about the mid point on the savannah. We received a CD of pictures, both our tour and stock photos of the animals
We loved it.

My mom did this tour this week and loved it. She was thrilled with the amount of information she learned and the time the tour guides spent with them. She said is was so worth it.

Dh and I did this tour last Dec. It was and is probably one of the highlights of any trip we have taken. I believe the cost was 189.00 per person. My son and dil also did it on their trip and loved it.

IIRC, it was about a 2 hour tour. There is a 'brunch' type lunch out on the Savannah about midway into the tour. There is walking in the beginning. You go through the woods and to the rope suspension bridges over the hippos and crocs. Our tour guides were AWESOME and the chance to sit out onthe safari and take our time watching the elephants etc.

It is something we will do again. Hopefully the cost does not rise too much before we can take it again. You will also receive a CD about a week after you are back from your trip with photos from your safari and stock photos of some animals. There will be pics of members of your group mixed in there as well.

Again, if you have the chance, do it. LOVED IT!

Kelly

My husband and I did it last month and it was wonderful. We were actually the one 2 on the tour so we lucked on in a private tour. There were 2 guides. One was taking photos the whole time that sort of freaked out my husband. I think it was just because it we were the only 2 to take them of! I probaly won't do it again, just because it would never be the same with other people now. It ruined us. It is very nice but very expensive. I would definately recommend doing it though.

My son and I loved this tour. We'll be doing it again next summer when our other kids will be 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter