Wild Africa Trek

Another question...are facilities available at any point during the tour? Or do you just have to wait until its over :confused3

Yes, there are bathrooms available at the lunch location

Great pics!! Are these pics include in the Memory maker or do you have to purchase seperately?

Also does it get booked fast, should I make res sooner then later?

Thanks, The pictures are included with the price of the tour, so you dont need to purchase anything separately. Not sure how far in advance you need to book...it probably depends on the time of year. We book last minute though, like the day before.

The pics on your blog are amazing! Did you take the animal pics or did the tour guides?

-Tess

Thanks...i wish I was that good with a camera. The tour guides take the pictures for you on the tour. If there is anything that you would like a picture of that they didnt think of you just ask them too. They say you can take your personal camera with you but i wouldnt. They take so many pictures and i wouldnt risk losing yours.

To clarify a little, the pictures are included in the price of the tour. They are no longer sent out as a CD as they did in the past. At the conclusion of the tour, you will be given a website and the code for your group's pictures. You then download any or all of the pictures. There are also stock animal and tour pictures that have been contributed by the many different tour guides. There is no limit to how many people can download the pictures, i.e., you can give your code to friends and family to view and download.

I was fortunate to go on this tour the first week that it was offered in January 2011. I felt like I HAD to have my camera and was able to clip it to my vest with their permission. Big mistake. I didn't have time to take even one picture!! The pictures they take will be great. Wonderful candid shots of your party and great group shots, animal shots, etc. I have done the tour twice again since then and have never bothered with the camera again. You will be too busy observing and listening. In fact, in my opinion, it would be rude to take your own pictures instead of paying attention to what is being said. Sorry, that's just the way I feel about the guides and the whole experience.

There are lockers where you leave your stuff. You will not be able to take anything, not even a chapstick in your pocket. If you wear prescription glasses, you will be able to wear those. They will provide you with a souvenir water bottle that will clip to your vest and you will keep at the end.

I feel the trek has improved greatly since I first went 3 years ago. You will love it and you should book it as soon as you know you want to go. No point in being disappointed. They only take 12 people per group. In February, there were FIVE no-shows (PRE-PAID!!!) in our group, so we had a group of only 7. It was amazing.
Lynda

Our guides were awesome In my group we had a lot of no shows too I will disagree about the camera though It was encouraged, didn't take anything away from anyone's experience, and rude I think is a little much I have pictures that were not taken by any of the CMs My experience through my eyes

Regardless, we have different opinions, it is an awesome experience I would highly recommend it to anyone just thinking about it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter