Wild Africa Trek weight

Itsmetrinkyd

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are booked for the Wild Africa Trek next week on Thursday. I’ve lost about 40lbs this year but I somehow missed that the weight limit includes the harness. I currently weigh about 295 with shoes on. I’m super stressed that I’m going to get there and be really embarrassed and not be able to go. Does anyone have solid numbers on how much the harness weighs?

Hello! We are booked for the Wild Africa Trek next week on Thursday. I’ve lost about 40lbs this year but I somehow missed that the weight limit includes the harness. I currently weigh about 295 with shoes on. I’m super stressed that I’m going to get there and be really embarrassed and not be able to go. Does anyone have solid numbers on how much the harness weighs?
I’d say the harness weighs 5 lbs max. It’s a vest with straps and clips.

Congrats! Good for you . I’m sure someone can tell you if you email them.

Congratulations on your accomplishment. It sounds like previously, you couldn't even consider doing the Trek, and now you can! When you get there, be wearing light clothes (which should not be a problem this summer!) and think light thoughts. I know you'll feel the stress leave your body when they finish the screening! Then the only stress you'll feel are those crocodiles under your feet!! Hope all goes very smoothly for you!

Congrats on your weight loss!

There were several larger guests on our Trek and the CMs didn’t seem to bat an eye or draw attention to them. Even the scale part was very discreet - like a mat with the numbers on a small board that faced away from you. Took a few seconds.

Most important would just being able to have the mobility to walk a bit and in some very light hiking conditions and climb some stairs without railings and into a Safari vehicle.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter