WiFi across Japan

NTOFD

Ready to go
I wondered if anyone has experience with docomo Wi-Fi for visitor when traveling across Japan.

I was thinking about personal WiFi from Global when I saw this, it is only 1300 yen for 3 weeks and wondered how useful it is and if there are enough hot spots to even try it.

there are not wifi hotspots for free like you will find in the US. 7-11's and Starbucks offered free wifi there and I did take advantage of that (but you have to sign up for accounts prior to trying to connect to their network).

I did not rent a wifi-hotspot (I looked around it was about $40-$50 per week, I decided I would rather spend that money on gifts instead). I has wi-fi access at hotel so I would just check stuff in the morning and the evening. Then when out being a tourist I would check if I passed a 7-11 or stopped for a drink at a random starbucks. It wasnt bad IMO.

We Had a free app called japan connected free wifi. Just sign up and it automatically connects to wifi in certain areas without having to sign up at each location. It worked at most train stations, on some trains, and by other areas like starbucks etc. combined with the free wifi at the hotels we stayed at, it was good enough for us. I think it was free for 30 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter