• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wifi Access

LittleMissMinnieMous

Earning My Ears
Hi there!
Hoping someone can help me. We'll be at AoA from July 6-12 and I was wondering about Wifi access in the resort and throughout Disney. Is it decent? Also-my phone is Virgin Mobile Canada and I'm not sure if that would affect if I can access the wifi? Thanks in advance! :)

I find wifi in the parks to be marginal at best. At the resort, Swan/Dolphin, it was fine.

In our room, I found the wi-fi to be fine. In the parks and in some of the common areas, it was inconsistent at best.

I was there this past week and while I can't comment on the resort wifi, because I didn't stay onsite ... I didn't have any issues with Wifi in the parks at all.

Even in places I thought for sure would be an issue, such as deep into the Soarin queue, I still had great Wifi coverage!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, not sure the phone makes any difference.

I used the wifi in AK and found it pretty much unusable. Maybe it could be used to check email, but anything more than that, it was so slow that it was almost worthless. I did manage to pull up the radar a few times (it told us that our afternoon was going to be all rain and it was right. :( ) But to pull up anything data intensive took FOREVER.

Wifi at AoA was good for us last October. Parks were very spotty at best as others have said.

In the resorts I have excellent service even have done hours long streaming webinars from the resorts.

Parks are iffy but its better than paying for service being international. I'd just use it when you can and do most of your internet stuff in the resort.

Wi-fi during Thanksgiving week last year was great everywhere except MK, where it was useless. We were in the AoA LM rooms on the ground floor in the Ariel building and the Wi-Fi worked great. :thumbsup2

In March, I had okay luck with the wifi at several different resorts (AKL and BWV primarily). The in-park wifi was much more iffy. Sometimes it worked great, but other times it was unusable. Inside pretty much any building in MK, the signal was lost. Ditto for most of AK (inside or outside); I know for sure I couldn't get much of anything over by Everest.

It's nice to have free wifi, but you absolutely need it, I wouldn't count on the free in-park wifi to be sufficient.

Here now and DH logs into the wifi system quite a bit for work purposes. It has greatly improved since it was first put in, DH does speed tests on it and in the Soarin line yesterday he said it was outstandingly fast. We have been in MK and Epcot so far and he says it is better, not always as fast as the Soarin line but he can get online easily with it and do what he wants to do at a decent speed.

I'm semi-local, so in the parks and resorts often... I find Wifi to vary by location and by day. POR, for instance, had lousy connectivity in the room, but was great poolside last week. SSR is consistently good all over. I almost always do well in DHS, but AK is consistently awful. EP and MK are toss-ups: some days it seems super-speedy, while others it doesn't work at all.

I have an iPhone on AT&T and always go to Wifi first; if it's moving too slow, I'll switch to cellular data and rarely have problems. One big exception is college football game days during the F&W Fest at EP... forget it. Way too many of us streaming games and checking scores ties up both Wifi and cellular, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter