Wicked Wind Down - New Dates Available

PalmettoPath

WDW Since 03/72
More dates are finally available for Wicked Wind Down at Top of the World. We got our date this morning as I've been stalking it waiting for the post August 11 dates to drop. So if you want to reserve a spot, now's the time to do it. New dates are available subject to space through September 12, 2022 so they've added another month give or take a day. Price remains the same at $55pp. Ours came to $66.52pp after fees/taxes. You pay when you arrive and you can cancel without penalty up to 48 hours prior.

Last edited:
More dates are finally available for Wicked Wind Down at Top of the World. We got our date this morning as I've been stalking it waiting for the post August 11 dates to drop. So if you want to reserve a spot, now's the time to do it. New dates are available subject to space through September 12, 2022 so they've added another month give or take a day. Price remains the same at $55pp. Ours came to $66.52pp after fees/taxes. You pay when you arrive and you can cancel without penalty up to 48 hours prior.
Just want to add that this event is restricted to DVC members who are eligible for membership extras. It's not open to the general public.

To add, the check in time has changed. It is now 8 pm vs showing up anytime from 6 pm on

It sounds like you can go earlier but no priority until 8 pm. Not sure how that will work.

Hi.

Im trying to get here and book for the second week of October.

Do we call or is this online? How did you find out more dates were released.

Thank you!

Hi.

Im trying to get here and book for the second week of October.

Do we call or is this online? How did you find out more dates were released.

Thank you!
I think they are only till September 15sh,30days at a time. Have to wait about a month.

I have seen conflicting dates. Most show that they are booking through September 12, but one person on a Mousecellanous thread said it was only through September 11th. For some reason they only open the next month a few days before the current period ends. You would think they'd give us at least a 60 day period like Events, Tours and ADRs are booked.

Can you still go to ToTW without a reservation (as a DVC blue card holder) and eat/drink a la carte or are you only able to go through wicked wind down?

Can you still go to ToTW without a reservation (as a DVC blue card holder) and eat/drink a la carte or are you only able to go through wicked wind down?
They take a waitlist starting around 5:15 and let people come up on an as-available basis.

They take a waitlist starting around 5:15 and let people come up on an as-available basis.
Hi if we were lucky enough to get up there on the early side without reservations would we be allowed to watch the fireworks from the viewing deck if we have vacated your set for those who have reservations.

We are going the end of Jan 2023 and would like to visit since we will be staying at BLT. What would others recommend, wing it or try and make reservations. I would like to just "wing it" since at this time I don't know what day I would want to go.

What is the situation now? Are they still taking any walk ups? Thanks!
When we were there they did have openings. So you could pay for it day off. That could vary by date. If they have open spots and you do not want to pay, just view fireworks, they will let you up 30 minutes prior to fireworks, no earlier. Even if the lounge is near empty.

When we were there they did have openings. So you could pay for it day off. That could vary by date. If they have open spots and you do not want to pay, just view fireworks, they will let you up 30 minutes prior to fireworks, no earlier. Even if the lounge is near empty.
Thank you. If we just want to go up for a drink, what time would we go by to check in?

Hi.
Although I am going in February, I want to pay for the experience in October (if they still doing).
What exactly do I say I want to book and how do I book it.
As of now, is it just select nights (asking since my sister won't be there my full trip).

Thank you.

Wicked Wind Down is currently offered Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun. Cost is $55 per person for seat in the lounge, one cocktail, one appetizer and one dessert.

There's a cosplay event on Wednesdays for a limited time with unlimited alcohol and desserts for $139. And there's an event on Fridays with desserts and booze for $89.

All of these are bookable at 60 days by calling member services. Don't worry about the event name. Just call MS and tell them you want to book the Top of the World Lounge event for (date). They should be able to tell you what's happening that night, cost, etc. If you're looking at October, hard telling exactly what will be offered then. I'd suggest calling exactly 60 days from the earliest night you'd consider visiting.

You don't need a paid lounge reservation to watch fireworks on the outdoor deck. Just arrive a few minutes before fireworks. They may even let you into the lounge without a reservation. Depends on what event is occurring that night and how many people have signed up. You'll most likely want to be outdoors during the actual fireworks anyway. Won't see much from inside. People standing outdoors will block the view.

Wicked Wind Down is currently offered Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun. Cost is $55 per person for seat in the lounge, one cocktail, one appetizer and one dessert.

There's a cosplay event on Wednesdays for a limited time with unlimited alcohol and desserts for $139. And there's an event on Fridays with desserts and booze for $89.

All of these are bookable at 60 days by calling member services. Don't worry about the event name. Just call MS and tell them you want to book the Top of the World Lounge event for (date). They should be able to tell you what's happening that night, cost, etc. If you're looking at October, hard telling exactly what will be offered then. I'd suggest calling exactly 60 days from the earliest night you'd consider visiting.

You don't need a paid lounge reservation to watch fireworks on the outdoor deck. Just arrive a few minutes before fireworks. They may even let you into the lounge without a reservation. Depends on what event is occurring that night and how many people have signed up. You'll most likely want to be outdoors during the actual fireworks anyway. Won't see much from inside. People standing outdoors will block the view.

This is perfect.
Thank you so much for typing this all out.

If we want more than one drink, we can chose to pay is that correct?

Last edited:
This is perfect.
Thank you so much for typing this all out.

If we want more than one drink, we can chose to pay is that correct?
When they let you up, you can go to the bar and get a drink even when there is an event going on. So if event is happening, they will let you up 30 minutes prior to fireworks. I’m not sure when they open it without. They generally have plenty of seating after fireworks. You can be put on a waitlist prior to going up. They texted us 3 times in 90 seconds about 1 minute after the fireworks they had a table for us. We walked over less than 3 minutes later. The CM wasn’t happy it took us so long to get there.

My personal opinion on the new space. While they are probably making more money per person they have sign up for the event. They are leaving money on the table, because tables are empty. The room wasn’t even close to being full. Every time we went to TOTWL before all seats were full. After fireworks seats opened up. I don’t see this lasting years. Maybe they will do it on busy weekends. I understand why they are doing it. To make a profit at a spot that has a very short time it is open is difficult.

Last edited:
When they let you up, you can go to the bar and get a drink even when there is an event going on.
That's not necessarily true. For some events, like those currently being held on Wednesdays and Fridays, attendees have access to an unlimited dessert buffet and open bar. On those nights, only people with event admission can visit the interior lounge.

But they have an outdoor bar which can be brought out to the deck to serve others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter