wich rides have alt. access

scottsod

Mouseketeer
hi were goin at easter and my son is 6 in a wheelchair with CP

i have read all the posts and the faq and have seen refrences to
certain rides that the main stream que dosnt have handicaped access
there are alt. entrances i know most new rides you wait in line

but just so we know is there a list of what rides or shows we should look for a alt entrance incase a cm dosnt know or we dont see one or they dont notice dont want to wait in line get 1/2 way there and theres stairs etc

thanks
scott

If you go to the disABILITIES FAQs, you will find a link to the official WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities. Follow the link for Mobility disabilities. There is a guidebook for each park that you can print a copy of.
It also includes a list of rides with Mainstream Access (those where the line is accessible).
Most attraction have a "greeter CM" who will direct you. For the lines that are not completely wheelchair accessible, before you come to stairs (or anything else that will be a problem for a wheelchair), you will see a gate or a chained area marked with a wheelchair icon. Just wait at that point for someone to get you.

scottsod said:
hi were goin at easter and my son is 6 in a wheelchair with CP

i have read all the posts and the faq and have seen refrences to
certain rides that the main stream que dosnt have handicaped access
there are alt. entrances i know most new rides you wait in line

but just so we know is there a list of what rides or shows we should look for a alt entrance incase a cm dosnt know or we dont see one or they dont notice dont want to wait in line get 1/2 way there and theres stairs etc

thanks
scott

There is a number of rides where you will need to be able to transfer from your wheelchair. Some of the older rides the handicap enterance is the exit of the ride. BTM, HM and Dumbo are some of the rides that use the exit for handicap.

I missed what your question actually was. Sorry.

Most of the rides/attractions have a greeter CM who will see your child's wheelchair and route you to the correct place (which is usually the regular line).
The Mainstream lines are listed in the other links that I posted. If you also download the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for each park, you can look at a description for each individual attraction. It's not very detailed, but it will tell you where to go if there is an alternate entrance.

Also, the guidebooks, the park maps and signs outside of each attraction have an icon to tell whether the whole ride is wheelchair accessible (a little wheelchair symbol), whether a transfer from an ecv to a manual wheelchair is required (a little stick person getting up from a wheelchair), or whether you need to transfer from a wheelchair to a ride car (the stick person getting totally up from the wheelchair and standing).
Here's a link to the wdwinfo general page about mobility disabilities. It includes a list of Mainstream Access lines and also rides where you need to make a transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter