• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why would you want to eat at Rainforest Cafe.

Can anyone help me out here?? Why do people like going to this restaurant? What do you like or dislike about this restaurant. I mean with all t he restaurants in Disney Springs why would you choose this particular one?

You wouldn’t, but your kids would. It’s a family location. It was my favorite restaurant on property when I was 11 and had terrible taste.

Can anyone help me out here?? Why do people like going to this restaurant? What do you like or dislike about this restaurant. I mean with all t he restaurants in Disney Springs why would you choose this particular one?
We ate there in AK a few times. Frankly, it was for the experience and atmosphere. The coconut shrimp was good, but the rice served with it was pretty bad. We loved the dessert, some sort of chocolate monstrosity. The cocktails were pretty great too. We've gotten our fill though. I don't see us returning until I have grandchildren that want to try it.

We visit WDW frequently and usually eat at RFC once during each trip - typically eat at the DS location but ate at the AK location last time. Several years ago, we joined the Landry's Select Club, so we never have to wait for a table (or wait very long, that is) - just show them our membership card and they seat us at the next available table. It's worth it just for that!

Good variety of food, very good quality, usually very good service.

I can relax there with a silly fruity drink while my mother eats what she wants, my kid eats what he wants, and my other family members get whatever they want... all while an animatronic monkey swings overhead. What's not perfect about that?

Actually the food there is very good! Have eaten there numerous times and enjoyed all of the items I ordered, especially the seafood items. The wait to get in can be terrible, but on my first visit the server talked me into getting the Landry Card. It cost 25.00 which I got back in 25 dollars to spend on my next visit so the card cost 0. BUT the huge advantage is you show your card and you get moved to the front of the line. So when people are waiting 45 and 90 and 120- minutes for a table, my family goes in in less than 15 minutes most of the time. Also works at Yak and Yeti - no reservation needed, just show the card and we are shown in almost right away. Best thing about the Landry card. We keep going back however, because we enjoy the food. Family going this August and the grandkids have already asked if we can to to Yak and Yeti again. Same company runs the dinosaur restaurant in Disney Springs. Ate there once and found the food to not be as good, which was kind of strange. So we go back to Rainforest and also the Rainforest outside of Animal Kingdom is great for breakfast.

Plenty of people choose to do things I personally think are a waste of time, like go to other hotels to ... look at their decorations? Whatever floats your boat. More room in the restaurants I’d actually want to eat at.

We used to have one in our area 20 years ago but it closed. I have family members with food allergies so we have lunch there on our AK day. I love the China Island Salad and they get a burger or fish I believe.

Well, I used to have 2 by me, but both are now closed. I have had many good meals at them and miss my local one, so I visit the AK one. I really love the Volcanic Cobb salad. But the burgers and mozzarella sticks are very good.

I have been yes, multiple times. It and T-Rex are very similar, (they are owned by the same parent company). The food I feel like is little league compared to other restaurants in DS. I get that its a unique experience but its loud in the restaurant and I feel like all the theming is a distraction for their quality of food.
The above is the answer to your question:
I mean with all t he restaurants in Disney Springs why would you choose this particular one?
The food is like little league compared to other restaurants but you needed to go (several times) to figure that out. You found it a unique experience but not as good as other restaurants in DS. But you had to go to find that out for yourself.

Just reading the replies to this thread it seems many people are just like you - they go to try it out, find it unique and return a time to two, then move on to other restaurants. That's why people choose this particular one. I did it. You did it.

I’ve been to the one in AK twice. It’s an experience if you’ve never been to one, but the food is only so so to me. The second time, we went there because there just wasn’t much at AK. Now we prefer Satuli Canteen instead.

We used to have a Rainforest in a mall about 30 minutes from my house, and we used that as a way to connect ourselves to Disney from a thousand miles away lol. That Rainforest is now closed, but there are still a few locations that are on our way to other vacation spots, and it's become something of a tradition for us to stop at a Rainforest in years we aren't going to WDW. We used to eat at Rainforest every time we went to WDW because of the lack of dining options at AK early on, but we haven't gone there in years now. We usually go to T-Rex now (my 8 year old loves dinosaurs), but Rainforest has always been a fun experience for our family.

We have never been to the RF at Disney since we have a few in the Houston area, and we visit Houston often enough to go to RFC about once a year or so.
We have been to DS T-Rex twice, and we enjoyed it both times. Our kids enjoy the animatronics that they don't get to see at the RFC, and we enjoy the different offerings they have.
We will continue to go until the day comes that it no longer interests us.

I like the place. Theres something inviting about it on a hot Orlando day- looks like a very comforting oasis form the outside, they have a decent varied menu, and I've never really had a bad meal. Its not out of this world food, typical chain stuff, but solid and most anyone can find something to eat. Plus its a neat place to take a kiddo.

When our kids were young, they loved it and the food was good.
As they got older, they were less interested.
while its been years since we have been to one, the last few times the food was much worse. No idea if the quality has improved.

I have only eaten at the DS one. I go for the Cobb Salad and a pina colada (they make them really good).

I went once (and got undercooked shrimp :oops:) so it's on my won't returnlist.

We used to have one near us, but it closed a while ago. It's worth seeing once. We'll probably go with my daughter at some point but maybe to the AK one and not DS. I dont want to chance undercooked shrimp again

We go there because its our kids' favorite, along with Sci-Fi dine-in. I like it because I don't need to make an ADR with the Landry's card. We're planning our 4-parks-in-1-day adventure, and that's where we'll eat because I'm not sure the time we'll be at AK.

There's one in a city we visit somewhat often, so we don't "waste" Disney time on it. I would be okay never going back there no matter where it's located, but my kids enjoy it.

Calling the food average is a compliment IMO, but a lot of people would say the same about a lot of Disney owned restaurants and at least it's a relatively inexpensive (the prices aren't inflated at the Disney locations, are they?) restaurant and heavily themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter