Why would you take your cat on Holiday?

BagOLaughs

Well I ain't evil, I'm just good looking
Listening to the 7 in 7 universal land and sea and they've mentioned the Royal Pacific Resort and Hard Rock Hotel allow you to have dogs and cats in the hotel room.

:cat:

I love dogs and cats equally and have owned both in the past. So, I can kind of understand taking a dog with you because it would be fun to walk them around the resort however I'm curious why you'd want to take your cat on holiday with you? Any views?

Last edited:
Some people keep cats as "companion" animals that help with stress, anxiety, etc. A lot of people just hate leaving pets behind or their pet does not deal well with being kept in a kennel or watched at home. Cats are pretty good at being by themselves for quite sometime as long as their have proper food/water but I could see needing to bring them if you were going to be staying on an extended holiday. While I love animals and I am still going to be keeping my allergic boyfriend far, far away from those with furry friends at Royal Pacific in August. :laughing:

Loews loves pets!!!

What’s fun about traveling withoutyour pet? We say absolutely nothing. So that’s why each and every one of our properties welcomes your four-legged family members. We call it our Loews Loves Pets program; you’ll call it a travel essential.

Upon check-in, every dog or cat receives welcome gifts including a name tag, bowl, and special treats. A “pet in room” sign helps you relax and lets our housekeeping staff know that your furry one is in residence. To help lighten your travel load, we can loan you pet beds, litter boxes, litter, scoopers, scratching posts, and other pet accessories. At mealtime, don’t miss our gourmet room service pet menus developed by our in-house chefs in conjunction with a licensed veterinarian.

We also provide dog-walking routes, pet-sitting or pet-walking services, as well as a list of local pet-friendly restaurants. Please don’t hesitate to ask our knowledgeable staff for these amenities or for more information.

As a friendly reminder, we must limit guests to two (2) pets per room. And for everyone’s safety, we require proof of up-to-date vaccinations. Please call us or check each hotel's Services page for more details on policies and any fees that may apply to your pet's stay.

Loews loves pets!!!

What’s fun about traveling withoutyour pet? We say absolutely nothing. So that’s why each and every one of our properties welcomes your four-legged family members. We call it our Loews Loves Pets program; you’ll call it a travel essential.

Upon check-in, every dog or cat receives welcome gifts including a name tag, bowl, and special treats. A “pet in room” sign helps you relax and lets our housekeeping staff know that your furry one is in residence. To help lighten your travel load, we can loan you pet beds, litter boxes, litter, scoopers, scratching posts, and other pet accessories. At mealtime, don’t miss our gourmet room service pet menus developed by our in-house chefs in conjunction with a licensed veterinarian.

We also provide dog-walking routes, pet-sitting or pet-walking services, as well as a list of local pet-friendly restaurants. Please don’t hesitate to ask our knowledgeable staff for these amenities or for more information.

As a friendly reminder, we must limit guests to two (2) pets per room. And for everyone’s safety, we require proof of up-to-date vaccinations. Please call us or check each hotel's Services page for more details on policies and any fees that may apply to your pet's stay.

That's all very awesome!

However I'm still wondering why someone would want to take their cat away with them.

I understand maybe they couldn't find or didn't want their cat in a cattery.
Do cats have to stay in the room the whole time?

Both my cats hated new places so it might be a bit unsettling for them to be in a hotel room. However it would still be better than a cattery.

I don't think any of the pets have to stay strictly in the room.

This past trip there was lots of dogs around at RPR and PBH and not once did I hear barking.

We thought about bringing our cat before she passed away a few months ago but she was just too old. I think if we get another couple of cats they will go places with us from kittens so they are used to it.

My cat would hate it and consider it abuse! We have a really nice pet sitter that looks after her. Maybe other people can't find anyone they trust with their pets? Are there pets allowed at the Hard Rock Hotel too?

My cats hate being in the car. The second the cat carrier comes out, they both run and hide. I guess they know it means a vet trip. Then they are pathetic and howl and meow the whole 5 min car ride there. Poor babies! They would never survive a vacation. So I don't know why people would take a cat on vacation.

Reactions: HM
Sometimes it is simply wanting to have your kitty with you. We had one cat who loved traveling and just wanted to be with the family. He ripped up toilet paper when we left him.

I had another who hated the car ride but was perfectly happy once we got there. We also traveled in an RV at one time and both preferred that to the car.

Sometimes there no choice. We had points where we took vacations and many our friends were out of town.

Our cats hate to travel. Like the PP said, they run and hide when the kennel comes out. So it's unlikely we would ever take them on holidays.

However:

We don't "own" a cat. They are part of the family. Our cats are very social, not secluded like some. When I come home from work all 3 run to the door to greet me, much like a dog would. The one female cat does not leave my side once I'm home.

So, it does cause the whole family alot of stress leaving them behind. My wife spends most of the trip worrying about them. So I can relate to people wanting to bring their pets with them. It's definately uncommon for people to travel with their cats becasue most don't travel well.

But whats the big deal?

My cats hate being in the car. The second the cat carrier comes out, they both run and hide. I guess they know it means a vet trip.

This is what mine used to do. :rotfl2:They love boxes normally so really whats the difference kitties?

It was always a big effort to get them in. So I used to get the carrier out about an hour before we'd go and put some chicken inside. Then they'd go in no problems, but as soon as I shut the door they'd meow the whole time they were in the box.

My cats haven't been outside our house since we moved in 3 years ago. They HATE going places. When we moved 4 hours (by car) they screamed in their carriers the entire time. It was hell. LOL.

I do need to get them to the vet to update their vaccinations and I'm dreading it. They're old and as I said, pretty much hate leaving the house.

Well so far no one here has said that they would travel with their cat. :)

Though I know a guy who has a bobcat and takes it places. Doubt it would be allowed if they knew it was a bobcat but he's someone who would have the urge to do it.

Though I know a guy who has a bobcat and takes it places. Doubt it would be allowed if they knew it was a bobcat but he's someone who would have the urge to do it.

A bob cat, oh my gosh. That is pretty unusual. Haha, I could just imagine some with a bob cat on a leash walking around the resort, lol!

I would never travel with my cat. She hates going anywhere. She would probably spend the whole trip wondering what she did to deserve having to come along! I'm quite happy leaving her at home and I know she's quite happy to stay there.

I would never travel with my cat. She hates going anywhere. She would probably spend the whole trip wondering what she did to deserve having to come along! I'm quite happy leaving her at home and I know she's quite happy to stay there.

Same here! I suppose if I lived 30 min or less away, and wanted a staycation it might work okay. I suppose there are some cats that like to travel. I would guess that their owners took them in the car a lot when they were young.

A bob cat, oh my gosh. That is pretty unusual. Haha, I could just imagine some with a bob cat on a leash walking around the resort, lol!

Yep. He has a special BIG carrier for it, and he takes it sometimes to his martial arts classes (that's how I met him, because he takes the aikido class after the one DS used to take). It's wild (ha!). I don't understand it and wouldn't have one as a pet, but he and the "cat" seem to be OK with it.

i love my cats.....

but i would never take them with me on vacation.
it's too much work to deal with and i don't do litter boxes on vacation..

i love my cats.....

but i would never take them with me on vacation.
it's too much work to deal with and i don't do litter boxes on vacation..

I would use the toilet on vacation too. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter