Why we're not buying annual passes again and instead, doing a non-park vacation.

As an amusement park fan, it saddens me that those who stop going to Disney don't check out other parks instead. There is a lot of parks out there that IMO are just as good as Disney and cheaper.

As an amusement park fan, it saddens me that those who stop going to Disney don't check out other parks instead. There is a lot of parks out there that IMO are just as good as Disney and cheaper.
I don't go to other theme parks because most of them focus on thrill rides. I'm not a thrill ride person. I also don't go to other theme parks because they aren't size friendly. Disney does family friendly and inclusive better than 90% of theme parks. Because of this I am really sad for the way things are at Disney now.

I don't go to other theme parks because most of them focus on thrill rides. I'm not a thrill ride person. I also don't go to other theme parks because they aren't size friendly. Disney does family friendly and inclusive better than 90% of theme parks. Because of this I am really sad for the way things are at Disney now.
My family has never made a big deal of having to ride things all together. When my family go to parks we end up separating a lot as there is a rides not all of us like.

My family has never made a big deal of having to ride things all together. When my family go to parks we end up separating a lot as there is a rides not all of us like.
Most of my kids are adults and I'm not letting my 10 year old wander off on his own in a theme park. Disney has qualities that other theme parks don't. Other theme parks don't work for everyone just like Disney doesn't work for everyone. If people love theme parks I'm sure they will choose to go to other theme parks but not everyone wants that. I'm not paying the cost to go to a theme park and not ride rides when most other theme parks are ride focused.

Our family has adults and children with cognitive challenges. We talked about international trips abd luxury cruises for less money, but in the end we came back to the idea of WDW because it has a safety + comfort + something for everyone qualify for us. If it were just DH and I, we’d be on *real* Safari next month. (But wouldn’t trade that for Disney with all the kids - no way!)

Last edited:
for us Disney world is the ONLY place we can safely travel and we will be getting annual passes for 2023. I have multiple sserious dietary restrictions and they are the only place in the entire world that I am able to eat food that I don't prepare myself. That alone is simply priceless! We don't spend much time in the actual parks but the AP allows us to eat in the restaurants that are inside the gates. Neither one of us are ride junkies but we do enjoy people watching. I'm not happy about all the extra charges but we will be paying for the opportunity to get on Rise of the Resistance.

for some of us Disney world isn't just a theme park but a full service destination.

I went to IOA on my last trip for the first time ...and it was just "meh" ...Universal just does not compare to Disney for me. Plus - the having to put your bag in a locker for practically every ride drove me nuts. I did get a new WDW AP thru September next year. One trip already done, 2 more on the books.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter