Why such limited availability at resorts lately?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
Is everyone and their mother now going to Disney World and staying onsite or does anyone else besides me think Disney is limiting the number of rooms available on purpose and keeping room rates at peak in order to get better control of crowds while maintaining high profits?

Other than around the major crowd times I have never seen people on here right and left saying how they can't find a room whether its for a trip in the next month or the next 9 months!

Been trying for weeks to fine tune a couple trips with AP or FL or General Discounts. Virtually nothing .... but switch to rack rate and I have no trouble. I'm thinking the discounts are becoming slimmer and slimmer ..... as we all expected ..... to prepare us for top dollar rooms when this new stuff comes on line. Now focusing mostly on offsite.

Been trying for weeks to fine tune a couple trips with AP or FL or General Discounts. Virtually nothing .... but switch to rack rate and I have no trouble. I'm thinking the discounts are becoming slimmer and slimmer ..... as we all expected ..... to prepare us for top dollar rooms when this new stuff comes on line. Now focusing mostly on offsite.

Even when switching to rack rate rooms/packages it still seems like there is not too much available and take May for example there are no discounts out as of yet and still people keep coming on saying limited to no availability. I just don't see how its possible unless Disney is not releasing as many rooms to book.

Even when switching to rack rate rooms/packages it still seems like there is not too much available and take May for example there are no discounts out as of yet and still people keep coming on saying limited to no availability. I just don't see how its possible unless Disney is not releasing as many rooms to book.

I think they aren't releasing them. I'm wondering if we are going to be hit with some 2018 price increases for all future bookings. At this point, anything is possible with them.

A lot of construction knocking out rooms too. A few hundred rooms throughout the property are under construction.

That is true but we're really talking a couple buildings in one value - not sure enough to hurt except for maybe OP's May due to cheer buyouts.

In moderates is where we see the hit with CSR loosing a couple buildings and CBR losing a village and half. But when I look CBR actually has rooms so I don't think it's hurting because folks don't want to book while the food etc are out.

I was already able to book a discounted room for May through my travel agent at Pop.

I was going to upgrade my room from Music to a Mod for a very short trip Nov. 18-20. Only thing open was 500-600 a night rooms.
It looks like 11/18 is the problem. 11/19 has decent availability. I'm seeing Pop available when checking one day at a time. Preferred on 11/18 and standard on 11/19. Both are discounted.

I'm having the same problem-I'm looking at the weekend in early nov which I know is wine and dine but then I try changing around my dates to another weekend in Nov or even early Dec and nothing is really coming up. Most of the time I can't even get a rack rate room. I have an annual pass and trying to use it one last time before it expires. We stayed off site in march and might do that again but was thinking of doing on site this trip so we could do fast passes 60 days out.

I don't believe discounts for May would be out this early unless you fall into one of those categories.

We are going to Poly in early May and definitely discounts have not been released. ETA...unless TAs have access to discounts the general public does not? Historically the May discounts have been released in later December/early January according to MouseSavers historical data.

Are you possibly from outside of the US?
Or is your TA possibly giving a discount that is not Disney's discount because I don't believe discounts for May would be out this early unless you fall into one of those categories.

My TA has their agency exclusive discounts out through May also (I'm in the US).

We are going to Poly in early May and definitely discounts have not been released. ETA...unless TAs have access to discounts the general public does not? Historically the May discounts have been released in later December/early January according to MouseSavers historical data.

The agency I use has agency exclusive discounts (I think they contract with Disney for group rates).

Is everyone and their mother now going to Disney World and staying onsite or does anyone else besides me think Disney is limiting the number of rooms available on purpose and keeping room rates at peak in order to get better control of crowds while maintaining high profits?

Other than around the major crowd times I have never seen people on here right and left saying how they can't find a room whether its for a trip in the next month or the next 9 months!
Both answers are correct. Also add the construction like others have mentioned...

Tried to get a value resort for the following dates:
11/3 - 11/5
11/10 - 11/12
12/1 - 12/3
12/8 - 12/10

not one room available. not even a freaking suite. i checked online and called.

We are going the first week of May & I am having the same experience as you. Discounts have DEFINITELY not be released. My friend who is a travel agent couldn't get me anything better at the Poly than what I was finding through MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter