Why so much hate for Caribbean Beach?

The only thing I didn't care for was the # of bus stops, which isn't really relevant now. The kids loved the pool and island. I would stay there again, but it's just not on our rotation unless we find a great deal. I snagged rooms a couple years ago for dirt cheap when they were renovating the main building.

Thank you all for the information! We don't usually spend a lot of time at the resort and feel much more confident in our decision to stay at CBR now.

I"m really surprised to read all of this - we stayed at CBR in September and our room was fine. The main pool was really great for our kids and we overall had a great experience. We normally prefer POR but without that as a choice, this was a solid stay for us.

It's too spread out, that's really my only complaint. Because it's too spread out it has too many bus stops, which makes your bus ride longer.

We're going in December for my 50th birthday and staying at Caribbean Beach. Our trips have always been to a value resort (Pop and Movies) and we decided to stay at a moderate this time. We were at Pop in November and with access to the Skyliner and enjoyed the convenience it brought so Caribbean was a no-brainer for us.

My question is this: Why when I look at different polls, websites, etc. they always put CB at the bottom of Moderates (and some places even Pop and Art of Animation). Is it because of the size of the park and the chance of walking distance? Are the room subpar?

It will be just me and my wife for this trip and I requested area 45 or 51 with a King sized bed. It's centralized to the skyliners and the lobby. Thank you!! :)
I actually loved Caribbean other than the buses taking for ever (now solved by the Skyliner).
I like the different islands and unique housing.

Pop and AoA have the same building structure as the All Stars (except interior halls), so really don't seem that different.

We have stayed at CBR 3 times in the last 4 years. For a family of 5 it is the best value and we have loved it. My kids love the pool. I like the theme bc it feels like vacation to me. I agree that the bus situation is difficult. I haven't stayed there since the Skyliner opened (missed it by a couple weeks!).

I admit I don't understand folks talking about 30 minute walks or waiting for the internal shuttle. In 3 visits (all in standard rooms in Aruba and Jamaica), we have never taken the Internal shuttle, have walked around at all times of day, and it has been about a 10 minute walk from our room to the pool or main building.

Food is hit or miss. I ate there in Sept. and had a couple things I really liked, plus you have a second choice at Riveria. I don't know that the QS at most of the value or mod resorts knocks my socks off.

I like to see all the feedback on here about CBR. I booked it for our first trip in February. I liked that it was better pricing than the value resorts for a family of five. Also, the decor makes me feel like it will be a vacation in a vacation. Seems relaxing but I will know more once we actually visit. I am very excited!

I like to see all the feedback on here about CBR. I booked it for our first trip in February. I liked that it was better pricing than the value resorts for a family of five. Also, the decor makes me feel like it will be a vacation in a vacation. Seems relaxing but I will know more once we actually visit. I am very excited!

Like anything else, there is personal preference. What one person loves, another may dislike. I happen to love CBR and strongly dislike both of the PO resorts. I feel like kind of how if the "what is your favorite restaurant" or "what restaurant will you never return to" threads stay around long enough, you'll see every single restaurant on there because each one is someone's favorite and someone's never again.

I hope you have a great time!!

I have stayed at CBR three times in my life, and had a great time each time. Last was about 4 years ago but I have visited it since.

It isn't my top resort but it also isn't my bottom. For example I like staying there better than at the Poly. Spent two weeks in Poly club level and the entire resort is so busy and overrun with non-resort guests that it makes it feel you are staying in a bus station. CBR is so chilled out and relaxing compared to that.

Now they have the skyliner within walking distance I bet it is even better.

Like anything else, there is personal preference. What one person loves, another may dislike. I happen to love CBR and strongly dislike both of the PO resorts. I feel like kind of how if the "what is your favorite restaurant" or "what restaurant will you never return to" threads stay around long enough, you'll see every single restaurant on there because each one is someone's favorite and someone's never again.

I hope you have a great time!!
Exactly! It's like how I will never eat at Coral Reef again, but it is at the top of a lot of peoples lists, while I LOVE Brown Derby and other people are like "it's ok". As far as resorts, I'm just not a fan of moderates to begin with and all for the same reason: they're too big and spread out. I also don't like AKL for much of the same reason, aside from the fact it's indoors it's too much of a walk for me. I also don't like GF but other people adore it, but I like BWI that some other folks really don't like. I always say that people should stay somewhere once, if you don't like it you don't have to stay there again, but you never know when you'll love a place. Some of my favorite resorts are ones I never thought I'd enjoy, and now I love them.

We stayed there in November. I really really love the skyliner. The view of them from across the water is unbeatable. We also love the hammocks. We rented a car so we used that to drive to Riviera for food or to go to the bar there. Rooms are fine. We were lucky to have the 5th sleeper so my son and daughter teenagers didn't have to share a bed. I guess if I were to look for something to complain about, it would be the motel style a/c unit and the cramped toilet/shower room. I don't like shower curtains right up against the toilet if you know what I mean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter