Why should we go during the 50th celebration?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Besides the obvious, that it is the 50th! Golden castle, gold ears, and a general feeling of being part of the celebration, why?

I really wanted to be there during the celebrations, but DH wants to wait.

I know at WDW they are having the Cinderellabration show, and the Lights, Action, Motors show to celebrate the 50th.

But what makes it worth going to DLand before the party is over? (it ends in November 06 right?) Why should we go now, and not wait???

Thanks!

I know for us one of the big reasons we wanted to go during the 50th was to see "Remember" the 50th anniversary fireworks display. Also to get some nice 50th merchandise and just enjoy the parks when they are spruced up. We went several times last year and each trip many things were down for refurb in preparation for the 50th so our trip in two weeks will be nice because except for Screamin each ride is open and running. I am glad we are able to go when it is off season ,however since crowds this summer seemed to be pretty intense. On the other hand we don't get to see the Snow White Show or Electrical Parade which is a bummer. I am just excited to have my kids be a part of the celebration. I intend to take a lot of pictures and then someday they can go for the 100th with their families and make special memories too. Heck, maybe I'll go with them, I'll only be 90!

One note, we were in WDW in late April, early May and the Cinderellabration show was really neat and the castle is all decked out (although I didn't like it, it seemed overdone but the castle at Disneyland looks very pretty from pictures I have seen). I think its great all the Disney parks are celebrating Disneyland's 50th but to me the only real place to do that is at Disneyland. I certainly don't feel like I have already celebrated the 50th since I was at WDW.

The 50th fireworks show "Remember--Dreams Come True" is worth the price of admission alone. It's the most spectacular 17 minutes you're gonna see. And you need to see it from a few different places. In front of the castle is ideal for the fireworks and Tinkerbell's flight, but at Small World, they've added a whole different set of projections over there and when I'm there I hardly pay attention to the fireworks.

I agree about the fireworks. I also liked seeing all the decorations and special golden cars, etc.

Ditto on "Remember...", but no one has mentioned
BLOCK Party BASH!!!!!!
Absolutely amazing!!!!
And seeing the park at its very prettiest. Everything just seems extra special. And to hear a cast member say "welcome home" can just send warm tinglies up my spine just thinking about it!

Well, not to be a part pooper but Disney usually designs new parades and fireworks to last for 5 years.....so we can assume that both will exist past 11/06.

Amy&Dan, we will be there about the exact time you are. We are leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow. Of course we will be in Las Vegas visiting family for a few days but will be there on Sunday.
I am excited with everything that will be open too. We even get to catch Haunted Mansion for a day. LOL
I hope you guys have a great trip! I hope we do too! :cool1:

Michelle, I was pretty sure our trips were overlapping somewhat! I am thrilled HM is open for the first few days of our visit, originally it was down the whole time. I am the MOST bummed about the Snow White show and DCA Electrical Parade. My two favorite things! Have a wonderful trip, win some money in Vegas so you can buy more things in Disneyland! Hope to see you there and have a wonderful and safe trip!

How long is the Electrical parade down for? Is it replaced by something else?

Snow White we saw last year. It was good, but we probably wouldn't have gone to it again anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter