• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why, oh why dress like a skank?

I don't know what you are talking about
6a00e54fb7301c88340120a5c812e6970c-800wi

Looks like she's a wearing a skirt with a panel to hide her Depends.

TotalDreamer said:
Nope just buys more trash in some cases lol

One thing that makes me cringe is someone wearing designer everything, but it looks tacky and cheap - such a shame :(
Jeez just give me the money, I'll shop for you.

I wonder what would happen if I Googled geriatric hooker?

If you watch The Real Housewives of BH, in the intro a woman named Brandi says "Money doesn't give you class, it just gives you more money." And she would know, she's trashy.

I can't stop giggling at "geriatric hooker" :lmao:

this reminding me of something that happened a few weeks ago. We were out a Edaville Railroad seeing their lights. It was probably in the mid 30's and everyone was bundled up... The first thing we did was go ride the carousel. My daughter wanted to ride the zebra but there was a woman was already on it the before us who ran to it..:rolleyes2. She was at least 60 and was wearing( or barely wearing) a tiny black pleather skirt that barely covered her butt, thigh high white boots with fur at the top and a white fur shrug that tied right below her chest...Dont know if she had a top on under the shrug because you could see her entire stomach.:scared1: She also had a huge blond eighties hairstyle and huge white earmuffs. When the ride was over, we got off the ride but she stayed on... Every time we walked by she was still on the carousel...As we were walking out 3 hours later, we figured she probably had some sort of mental illness but who let her out looking like that?!!!!!

IheartMickey said:
If you watch The Real Housewives of BH, in the intro a woman named Brandi says "Money doesn't give you class, it just gives you more money." And she would know, she's trashy.

Say it ain't so!!! Don't come over to the RHOBH thread. We're her fan club! Lol

this reminding me of something that happened a few weeks ago. We were out a Edaville Railroad seeing their lights. It was probably in the mid 30's and everyone was bundled up... The first thing we did was go ride the carousel. My daughter wanted to ride the zebra but there was a woman was already on it the before us who ran to it..:rolleyes2. She was at least 60 and was wearing( or barely wearing) a tiny black pleather skirt that barely covered her butt, thigh high white boots with fur at the top and a white fur shrug that tied right below her chest...Dont know if she had a top on under the shrug because you could see her entire stomach.:scared1: She also had a huge blond eighties hairstyle and huge white earmuffs. When the ride was over, we got off the ride but she stayed on... Every time we walked by she was still on the carousel...As we were walking out 3 hours later, we figured she probably had some sort of mental illness but who let her out looking like that?!!!!!

She was probably stuck. :rotfl:

I like when a women trashes it up a bit, just so it anit every day, but once in a while, I think is kind of hot

You sound a little bit jealous.

:rotfl: That's what I thought also. OP, you seem very full of hostility:confused3 In the grand scheme of things, who really cares? If we didn't run into the occassional "misfit" how in the world would we know we were superior:snooty:
:rotfl:;)

:rotfl: That's what I thought also. OP, you seem very full of hostility:confused3 In the grand scheme of things, who really cares? If we didn't run into the occassional "misfit" how in the world would we know we were superior:snooty:
:rotfl:;)

Lord, no, not jealous. Wouldn't trade places....or bodies....for all the tea in China. :eek: The history is complicated, but DH and I would be fine never laying eyes in her again. She even gives DD13 the willies at times. However, because of circumstances beyond our control, we MUST be publicly in her company from time to time. We limit it as much as possible, but sometimes it's a must.

So no jealousy. Although there's a fair amount of hostility toward her from us, I'll grant you. And with good reason. This person's background screams Jerry Springer. :lmao: Actually, The Best of Jerry Springer. The Skankerella persona is not the real problem. It's just the icing on the cake. The skimpy icing on a senior citizen fruitcake. We used to just roll our eyes and let it slide, until she started adversely impacting people we deeply care about. It's hard to watch someone who matters to you getting hurt. Worse yet, when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. That is frustrating.

Lord, no, not jealous. Wouldn't trade places....or bodies....for all the tea in China. :eek: The history is complicated, but DH and I would be fine never laying eyes in her again. She even gives DD13 the willies at times. However, because of circumstances beyond our control, we MUST be publicly in her company from time to time. We limit it as much as possible, but sometimes it's a must.

So no jealousy. Although there's a fair amount of hostility toward her from us, I'll grant you. And with good reason. This person's background screams Jerry Springer. :lmao: Actually, The Best of Jerry Springer. The Skankerella persona is not the real problem. It's just the icing on the cake. The skimpy icing on a senior citizen fruitcake. We used to just roll our eyes and let it slide, until she started adversely impacting people we deeply care about. It's hard to watch someone who matters to you getting hurt. Worse yet, when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. That is frustrating.

Why in the world would you HAVE to spend time with her?
And, is she developmentally delayed or ill?

I just spent four months working in an upscale department store and it gave me some great people watching moments. I worked in the department that was geared towards older women and although most of what we sold was relatively classy, sometimes the customers would walk in wearing some interesting and very inappropriate/ unflattering outfits. There were many that would dress head to toe in skin tight animal print ensembles that takes the term "cat lady" to another level!

http://www.alwayspackedforadventure.com

Why in the world would you HAVE to spend time with her?
And, is she developmentally delayed or ill?

Sometimes we are all invited to a function. Say a wedding, a funeral, a family reunion. We could boycott these events and not see her, but then that would be rude to the other people we do want to see and who want to see us. THEY have done nothing wrong. When we attend these events, it is guaranteed she will stick to us like white on rice. So we cannot avoid her.

She is "attached" to people we care about. She has made sure we cannot see them unless she is there. Even if you ask to see them alone, she will be right there. We cannot talk to them unless she is on speakerphone and in on the conversation. Ever. There is no privacy. That is a given.

She is a user and an enabler, all at the same time. She is a recovering addict, but we have doubts about the recovering part. The people she has glued herself to cannot see what is right in front of them. They did not realize she was an addict and often stoned out of her brain even though they all lived in the same house. We realized it over the phone, when she slurred her words and dang near asleep while talking. Many times.

Is she developmentally delayed? Not intellectually, but emotionally she is stuck at about the 14 y.o. level. She is a master manipulator. There is no point trying to enlighten the attached people. Often, people do not see things because they choose to. It's a codependant sort of relationship. I'm not a fan of those.

In the past, she made someone's life (not mine, DH or DD) a living hell and managed to play the victim the entire time, as if the other person was the bad one. That was back before we really knew her. At some point, we wised up and realized the "meanie" was the actual victim, but it was too late. The damage was done. I will always feel terrible that I did not give more weight to what her target was trying to say. How frustrated they must have been.

When she tried to stir up similar issues with us, we refused to engage and we do not respond. She stirs, we ignore it. We may vent to each other as husband and wife, but we will not get involved with what she is trying to start. Because we cannot win.

Really, that is all we can do. Ignore as best we can. But sometimes it is hard. Especially when people we care about are being played. We decided long ago, after watching her in action, that speaking up to the people she has glued herself to, will accomplish nothing other than to make US look bad and allow HER to play the victim yet again. Truly, she has a gift for that. And it will isolate us from the ones we care about. So we wait and hope she goes away......but she won't.

When someone you love is involved with a person who is bad news, you can speak up and take your chances they will not believe you and will become even more protective of that person. Given what we have observed, we figure there is a good chance this would happen. Since this is the case and we can barely be involved with the person we care about anyway, (as she never lets them out of her sight) we are resigned to letting this play out as it will.

You know when your teen gets involved with someone and it has "disaster" written all over it? Yet you know if you warn them off, they will spring to the disaster's defense. So you bite your tongue and hope the appeal of the disaster lessens over time. That is the position we are in. Only teens are not involved. But the lesson is the same.

I realize some of this makes no sense without specifics, but I am not comfortable getting more specific. We can laugh about the skanky clothing. And sometimes we have to laugh to keep from crying. It was a way to let off steam about a very frustrating situation.

Why can't people wear what they want? Why do people think it's acceptable to judge others by their clothing? :/

Why can't people wear what they want? Why do people think it's acceptable to judge others by their clothing? :/

You don't go for a job interview at a bank dressed like a stripper. (You could go to a job interview as a stripper dressed as a banker, provided your suit has velcro sides.....)

If choosing to wear a certain style of clothing is a way of self expression, then you are stating to the world, "This is who I am." It is not realistic to expect them to ignore what you are "saying," is it? :confused3

You can absolutely wear what you want. But people WILL make certain assumptions about at least some of those choices. When clothing is designed to garner attention, don't be surprised that it DOES. Maybe the attention will be positive. Maybe it will be negative. Who knows?

As an example, let's say I dress like a biker chick. Some people may not want to be near me. I may make them nervous. Others may think I am cool and edgy and admire me. I cannot control their reactions. But if I have a clue at all, I will be aware that such distinctive dress will cause others to have an opinion. Of course, clothing may say something as simple as, "I forgot to wash my clothes and this is all I have to wear."

:thumbsup2

I don't get it. I understand I'm in the minority in the world regarding these matters. But I don't get it. I don't even get the words - skank or any of the other ones. They don't exist for me. Cause to me it's just a woman doing what they want as far as life (and for the other lovely words - sex).

And I know that might sound uppity or Pollyanna or something or maybe even judging you OP but I honestly don't get it. :confused3

(EDIT: posting at the same time - I do think it's a good choice to dress well at an interview - my points were based on the word skank. And I personally like classic fashion - sexy or not.)

One of my older friends (like an older sister/mother figure) when I was younger told me this: It's okay to show some skin, but you need to be classy about it. Pick ONE part of your body to show off. If you want to wear a short skirt, wear tall socks and a high cut shirt. If you want to wear an off the shoulder dress, make sure it comes to the knees.

People are at perfect liberty to wear (or not wear) whatever they want. But, that doesn't make them any less a skank. By the way, I don't use the word skank lightly. I know some people do use the word to describe someone that just don't like.

There is this lady at our church that is in her late 50s, early 60s, and she does not dress skanky or anything, but I don't know that she dresses appropriate for her age. Her clothes fit and are tasteful. But, they all look like they were bought at Forever 21. She's a lovely lady, but I am sure there are nice age-appropriate clothes she can find. Many times she shows up in leggings, with boots, and some sort of shirt that looks like it is from the Juniors section.

Of course, this is coming from a 30 year old that spends most non-work days in pajamas/lounge pants or shorts with quirky graphic tees/sweats. So, touche.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter